aberdeen-music

Did anyone else go to the a Perfect Circle gig in Glasgow?

broken_doll

i went with my boy and a couple of friends and found a few more people there.... like Tim Bench who rescued me for a short time while i lost people :O i also found a LynDsey :)

anyway........i'd seen them before at Glastonbury 2001 .......though the line up is a fair bit different now (was quite excied to see a real live James Iha)

As i expected the show was fantastic (tho i still prefer the orignal Failure version of 'the Nurse who loved me') i was excited to hear Hollow again (blew me away just like last time) and Blue . . . .

the light show was also superb!........now a week after the gig am afraid i don't have so many words to describe it . . .

i was also mightily excited to see Auf Der Maur (melissa auf der maur of hole and pumkins fame) supporting as i had always suspected she might have hidden talents . . . i was impressed though was not so sure on the later part of there set . . . . tho am also about to make a thread about how utterly AWESOME the album is . . .

Originally posted by Tim BENCH:

I thought the version of the nurse they did that was fan-fucking-tastic!!

oh yea..........it was great...........and i love the way Maynard plays with stuff and changes it live ^_^..............i just have a particular affection for the original :O i know nothing else by failure.......purely that song......and i've only heard that version because of aPC.........*thinks* ........i wonder if i'd like their other stuff?

i thought it was ace when someone shouted 'yer shite' at Auf der Maur

(who are canadian) and one of the band members just went 'dinnae nae dae that' ......i giggled lots........i thought it was a great comeback

T'was so so good!!

We had balcony seats, which turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Great view, got to put our feet up, and easy access to lager and toilets.

Stuga has got a bootleg dvd of them playing in Canada earlier this year, and its the exact same set song for song, so we can pretend its the Glasgow.

Explosions in the Sky a week after as well, such a good week. Apart from the getting dumped by my girlfriend a couple of days before Valentines day, that was shit. Ach well, Fudge Awards next week, yay!!