aberdeen-music

Eeeww.

Guest DustyDeviada

Guest Main Agent
Yep' date=' and what annoys me so much, is that a group of 15 year old boys can attack someone older and get away with it because they're not 16 and so they can deny it. So they just please themself. Sick newtonhill neds.[/quote']

Does that happen in Newtonhill? Is it the same 15 year old thats been excluded from porty academy?

those poor children will be haunted day and night for the rest of their lives' date=' their families will torment themselves with the fact that they weren't there to 'protect', and they children will have to face the fact that they will never have a normal sexual life, there will forever be the image of being abused.[/quote']

It's that kind of reaction that results in people becoming complete screw ups. Why must they be forever "haunted" by something they could do nothing about? Goldie Hawn said that she was sexually abused as a child by a family friend but her mother's reaction was to stay perfectly calm and to tell her that "This is a problem the boy had, he's very sick and you've done nothing wrong. You're going to be fine."

If her mum had said "Oh God, this is terrible and so dirty and you'll never be the same again, he's ruined your whole life" then it would have been a self fulfilling prophecy. Children believe what their parents tell them.

I'm not saying the solution to something like this can be found in a quick word, but I think that in a crisis a calm and measured response is what's required, not even more drama.

It's possible to move on, and given the right guidance children can do that better than any of us.

They've got their whole lives ahead of them.

It's that kind of reaction that results in people becoming complete screw ups. Why must they be forever "haunted" by something they could do nothing about? Goldie Hawn said that she was sexually abused as a child by a family friend but her mother's reaction was to stay perfectly calm and to tell her that "This is a problem the boy had' date=' he's very sick and you've done nothing wrong. You're going to be fine."

If her mum had said "Oh God, this is terrible and so dirty and you'll never be the same again, he's ruined your whole life" then it would have been a self fulfilling prophecy. Children believe what their parents tell them.

I'm not saying the solution to something like this can be found in a quick word, but I think that in a crisis a calm and measured response is what's required, not even more drama.

It's possible to move on, and given the right guidance children can do that better than any of us.

They've got their whole lives ahead of them.[/quote']

I do believe that is the most inteliigent thing you've ever said. take a bow.

Guest Zeenat Aman
It's that kind of reaction that results in people becoming complete screw ups. Why must they be forever "haunted" by something they could do nothing about? Goldie Hawn said that she was sexually abused as a child by a family friend but her mother's reaction was to stay perfectly calm and to tell her that "This is a problem the boy had' date=' he's very sick and you've done nothing wrong. You're going to be fine."

Very well put Bob!

:up:

in a lot of cases' date=' the parents have done nothing wrong..

do u not think the media, and sources of violence provoking incidences are more likely to cause youngsters to do evil? children are highly influential, and broadcasts right now are quite destructively open.[/quote']

I dunno, most people I know who cause trouble around my area are from tinky family's..

Does that happen in Newtonhill? Is it the same 15 year old thats been excluded from porty academy?

Maybe, I haven't been to that school in a year, so I'm not sure what goes on. But I know there were some newtonhill shits causing trouble. Even the 5 year old kids are causing trouble tut tut "ARE YOU A GOTH?? DO YOU LIKE BLACK ?? ANSWER ME!" meh, I never bothered anyone at that age. Silly world, what's it comming to... really..?

i have to disagree, at never one point did i say that people become 'screw ups', nor how the parents react to the situation..

people do become 'haunted' by it, its something that happened to them which takes away a part of how they think of others, and trust others, it also does affect the way they behave in future relationships/friendships..

rape is not just a little happening which disappears overnight, no matter how parents deal with the stiuation, or how much help an individual gets to help them with their questions, it never goes away.

every family will deal with a horror like this differently, drama/calm; it will never make the hurt disappear.

i have to disagree' date=' at never one point did i say that people become 'screw ups', nor how the parents react to the situation..

people do become 'haunted' by it, its something that happened to them which takes away a part of how they think of others, and trust others, it also does affect the way they behave in future relationships/friendships..

rape is not just a little happening which disappears overnight, no matter how parents deal with the stiuation, or how much help an individual gets to help them with their questions, it never goes away.

every family will deal with a horror like this differently, drama/calm; it will never make the hurt disappear.[/quote']

penny you are right, it will haunt someone for the rest of their lives, but people learn how to deal with the emotions of it and live a normal life.

but the inital dealing after wards can help alot. a member of my family many years ago was abused by her uncle. when she told her mother it was a case of, well it has happend now so there is nothing you can do about it. this affected how she felt about it.

if there is less panic and more reassurance the victim, esp the child is less likely to panic and feel that it is their fault. with the right support, they will live a perfectly normal life