aberdeen-music

Solve your bands transport needs

GraemeC

Originally posted by Bass Monkey:

you could get a VW camper for the same price.

and they rock much harder.

thats the 5FD plan anyways.

Thats fine....unless you want to actually get to your destination....and back....

Kids...avoid air cooled vw antiques like the plague.

Originally posted by GraemeC:

Can you guess?

That was no guess.

Worst van fuck-up- Coming back from Loch Lomond after setting up for Oasis. Hire van fucks up, spend 3 hours til it gets light to find water in a stream, gakets blown, feed the van a bottle of oil every 10-12 miles, get home 12 hours late.

Reason for fuck-up: Bulb blown on the dashboard, couldn't see the oil temp gauge. Hire company had just lost AA membership for being a bunch of sketchy bastards. How frustrating do you think it is to have an info pack with an AA membership number, the only phone in miles is AA, but they won't phone anyone else for you.

(I did get revenge on the owner of that company but he probably hasn't realised it was me. Revenge is best served anonomously)

Originally posted by soundian:

That was no guess.

Worst van fuck-up- Coming back from Loch Lomond after setting up for Oasis. Hire van fucks up, spend 3 hours til it gets light to find water in a stream, gakets blown, feed the van a bottle of oil every 10-12 miles, get home 12 hours late.

Reason for fuck-up: Bulb blown on the dashboard, couldn't see the oil temp gauge. Hire company had just lost AA membership for being a bunch of sketchy bastards. How frustrating do you think it is to have an info pack with an AA membership number, the only phone in miles is AA, but they won't phone anyone else for you.

(I did get revenge on the owner of that company but he probably hasn't realised it was me. Revenge is best served anonomously)

Its not the vehicles that I have a problem with its the M6

Gearbox failure in Bedford Duple coach

Propshaft failure Ford 3 ton truck

Puncture northbound Ford Transit

Puncture southbound Ford Transit

Ive been pulled over twice on the M6 by the cops and extinguished a good going fire in a traders Merc Van also on the M6 (who didnt even offer to re-fill the extinguisher....bastard)

Originally posted by GraemeC:

Its not the vehicles that I have a problem with its the M6

Gearbox failure in Bedford Duple coach

Propshaft failure Ford 3 ton truck

Puncture northbound Ford Transit

Puncture southbound Ford Transit

Ive been pulled over twice on the M6 by the cops and extinguished a good going fire in a traders Merc Van also on the M6 (who didnt even offer to re-fill the extinguisher....bastard)

I can't even remember the number of times I've stood on a hard shoulder swearing at a Transit. I think we did Aberdeen to London and back a dozen or so times and probably did without problems only 2 or 3 times. Several punctures, lots of overheating, dead electrics, and one huge and fatal hole blown in the engine block. Love that M6...