aberdeen-music

Inoffensive music

jester1470

Guest Main Agent

Bland is Bland,

Truly offensive music insults it's audience,

Cutting edge engages and challenges aural perception,

There are two types of listening remember, "passive" and "active"

Dido' date=' Barenaked Ladies, Queen, Asia, ELO, Ultravox, Duran Duran, Def Leppard and the Beautiful South -

[/quote']

I agree that there is a lot of dull, bland background music batting about these days, but I'd rather listen to the Barenaked Ladies or the Beautiful South strumming in the background than some Scream-core band that made a lot of noise and grabbed my attention.

I agree that there is a lot of dull' date=' bland background music batting about these days, but I'd rather listen to the Barenaked Ladies or the Beautiful South strumming in the background than some Scream-core band that made a lot of noise and grabbed my attention.[/quote']

Unsurprisingly, this comment earned me a scene point attack from a disgruntled Scream-core fan.

I still haven't participated in the giving/removing of scene points, but when the day comes that you're able to reply to them I will cry with the happiness of a child on Christmas. There should be some way of doing that.

Guest DustyDeviada
I for one would rather listen to the birds etc than most of the "inoffensive"bands/artists that have been mentioned so far...

Yeah, me too, although you have to admit they went downhill after Gram Parsons left.