aberdeen-music

Lots of my old computer equipment for sale!

Neil

Well, after many years Ive decided to sell all my old computer equipment in order to fund another computer build. I have all the following for sale (most expensive items at the top):

Hercules ATI All In Wonder 8500DV AGP Graphics Card - 75 (was 200 new)

In fully working order and boxed with original manuals, CDs and the relevant video adapters, cables, remote control etc. Getting on a little bit now but still a great card for any kind of video capture work (has a built in TV tuner and can capture from pretty much any video source TV, camcorder, VCR etc) and isnt too bad at playing games either. Link for lots more product info here:

http://europe.hercules.com/showpage.php?p=39&b=0&f=1

One word of warning though. Although it does have a working DVI output there is a fault in all ATI All In Wonder 8500DV cards that may result in noise or interference being displayed on screen if you hook this up to an LCD monitor. The output to TV screen or regular CRT monitor is flawless however.

Asus A7V Motherboard + AMD Athlon 1GHz CPU + Heatsink + Fan + 512MB PC133 RAM (all assembled) - 50

This has been yanked out of the Coolermaster case on sale below. It is all assembled and has been working perfectly for many years. It is a bit dusty but still works fine although the chip fans make a fair bit of racket (they may need replaced soon). Comes in the motherboards original box with manuals and CDs. The relevant cables and screws are also included.

Coolermaster Beige Midi Tower Case + 350W PSU + 1.44MB Floppy Drive (all assembled) - 30

Easy to access (you can unscrew it by hand), unmodified Coolermaster case that use to easily accommodate an ATX motherboard, a CD-RW drive, a DVD-ROM drive and two hard discs. The PSU has been replaced within in the last year and so is relatively new although the case is getting on a bit. Still looks okay though.

Matrox 40GB IDE Hard Disc - 25 NOW SOLD!

A perfectly working hard disc that will be newly formatted before being sold.

Samsung 30GB IDE Hard Disc - 20 NOW SOLD!

Another perfectly working hard disc that will be newly formatted before being sold.

Hitachi Internal DVD-ROM Drive 15 NOW SOLD!

Hardware region-free internal DVD-ROM drive. Not the fastest but plays back DVDs and CD-ROMs just fine.

Matrox Millenium II AGP Graphic Card - 15

Very old school and hasnt been used for some time but it should still be working. No box, manuals or even drivers (although they can still be downloaded from Matroxs web site but drivers for this card come built in with most Windows installations now anyway). This card only has about 8MB of RAM on it (if I recall correctly) so it isnt going to be any use from playing todays games but it would be ideal for a computer you intend to use as a server or just for general day to day 2D work.

More product info here:

http://www.matrox.com/mga/products/mill_2/home.cfm

2 x Generic 10/100Mbps PCI Network Cards - 5 each (or 10 for both)

Both cards should work fine but no box, manuals or drivers Im afraid. But it is a generic make so it should not have difficulties working with modern Windows installations by just by plugging it in. The chipsets are clearly marked so you should be able to hunt down the drivers for them if you really need to.

Generic 56K PCI Speakerphone Modem - FREE NOW SOLD!

This is one of these evil soft modems that the drivers are near impossible to find for. Anyone is welcome to this one. No box, manual or drivers and I have no idea if it still works.

Diamond Monster 3D II PCI Graphic Accelerator Card - FREE NOW SOLD!

No box, no manuals, no drivers. This is free to anyone who wants to attempt to use it! I dont know if it works anymore and I have no idea why you would want to use it in this day an age. It was originally paired with the Matrox Millenium (see above) to allow it to play the more 3D intensive games way back in 1998! Diamond multimedia have since been bought over by another company so good luck trying to get drivers for this card. I think it would be near impossible.

All the above is available on a first come, first served basis. I will accept cash payment or payment by PayPal only. I will not post any of these items and so there is no additional postage cost to pay if you want to buy them but you must be prepared to pick them up from my place of residence which is in the city centre on King Street. There is no official guarantees on any of the kit above but if I have said it is working and it doesnt work then Ill happily refund anyone. Assuming you didnt break it! :p

If this stuff doesnt get sold by the end of this month then Ill probably auction off what is left on eBay (the free stuff will get binned). So if you want any of it then get in touch quick via e-mail or PM.

Originally posted by DrinkDrankPunk:

could you build me a cheap pc from all these bits, i have a spare moitor and shit...

Robert

Afraid, not. I'm selling everything separately as above.

Everyone please contact me privately if you want to genuinely buy any of this kit - via e-mail or PM. I will not accept someone's forum post as an offer. I'll update my first post if anything gets sold.