aberdeen-music

THOMAS TRUAX plays Glastonbury Festival 05 not once................

chilli

24-26 June (fri, sat, sun) GLASTONBURY FESTIVAL: all 3 nights, late, in the Chapel at Lost Vagueness and Sunday afternoon at the Small World Solar stage.

Glad this wee festival has caught up with what we have known for well over a year

see him pre Glastonbury this Wednesday @ The Tunnels HEADLINING

a fantastic triple bill. (details available elsewhere)

• 1 month later...
Thomas is actually playing 4 times at Glastonbury

yay! ^_^

and we indeed bumped into him in the freakshow tent and rambled at him............the nature of Lost Vagueness and Glastonbury itself meant that we only managed to see him once but still seeing him again was cool........

can't wait till he comes back here again!....i hope! ...soon!

Caught him in The Chapel by chance after an act I'd best not describe here. All I'll say is it was a very unusual place to keep a feather boa.... It's odd the things you stumble upon at Glastonbury.

It's not often you guess the artist as soon as they start setting up the stage (or boxing ring in this case). Sadly he only played a few songs there to a slightly shocked & mystified audience! I don't think the mainstream is quite ready for the Hornicator yet. It was certainly entertaining while it lasted though.

Caught him in The Chapel by chance after an act I'd best not describe here. All I'll say is it was a very unusual place to keep a feather boa.... It's odd the things you stumble upon at Glastonbury.

It's not often you guess the artist as soon as they start setting up the stage (or boxing ring in this case). Sadly he only played a few songs there to a slightly shocked & mystified audience! I don't think the mainstream is quite ready for the Hornicator yet. It was certainly entertaining while it lasted though.

i know what you mean......

we tried to catch him in the Chapel on the Saturday night but it was too busy and it all went wrong so we caught his last two song set on the Sunday night......

....and similary the drugged up' date=' drunk, oblivious crowd didn't really support the acts ....though he coped well with it.......the set i saw him play was far far superior

did you catch the horror bride woman singing some song about her being dead i believe...? that was interesting.......saw her do her thing twice....

and i liked the champagne coffessional sold by scanty nuns concept..........that was interesting[/color']

i know what you mean......

we tried to catch him in the Chapel on the Saturday night but it was too busy and it all went wrong so we caught his last two song set on the Sunday night......

....and similary the drugged up' date=' drunk, oblivious crowd didn't really support the acts ....though he coped well with it.......the set i saw him play was far far superior

did you catch the horror bride woman singing some song about her being dead i believe...? that was interesting.......saw her do her thing twice....

and i liked the champagne coffessional sold by scanty nuns concept..........that was interesting[/color']

Didn't see the bride women, though it may have been her finishing as I went into the chapel....which was very busy. At least there was more than one way into Lost Vagueness this year so you could avoid the bottleneck next to the Tipi field.

It was the Saturday night I saw Thomas. The chapel was one of the few places I didn't see any kind of programme for, though I think like a lot of the small venues any times got more and more approximate as the night wore on anyway. Being an hour plus late seemed pretty normal at Small World.

I'm still trying to identify a band I saw on Monday morning (4-5am?) at the Tadpole Stage (groan at terrible pun) who weren't in the listings: they came on after the last act in the programme. It was a grizzled male singer/accustic guitarist, a second male guitarist, accordian player, sax player and female backing vocalist. Any ideas, they are bound to have played a few other stages? The accordian player also had a keyboard but didn't play it as the solar powered electrics went out. They played unamplified, which worked very well with the audience of 10-20. They said they were playing at Lost Horizon (the sauna?!) at noon on Monday. I didn't ask their name because I assumed I could just look them up.

Their other distinguishing characteristic was a plate of home made sweets they had, which they claimed to have at every show. These had an extra ingredient from Afghanistan which would help any audience members who wanted one to sleep, with pleasant dreams guaranteed....

I'm still trying to identify a band I saw on Monday morning (4-5am?) at the Tadpole Stage (groan at terrible pun) who weren't in the listings: they came on after the last act in the programme. It was a grizzled male singer/accustic guitarist' date=' a second male guitarist, accordian player, sax player and female backing vocalist. Any ideas, they are bound to have played a few other stages? The accordian player also had a keyboard but didn't play it as the solar powered electrics went out. They played unamplified, which worked very well with the audience of 10-20. They said they were playing at Lost Horizon (the sauna?!) at noon on Monday. I didn't ask their name because I assumed I could just look them up.

Their other distinguishing characteristic was a plate of home made sweets they had, which they claimed to have at every show. These had an extra ingredient from Afghanistan which would help any audience members who wanted one to sleep, with pleasant dreams guaranteed....[/quote']

fraid i can't help you there.......though they sound very interesting

have you tried typing in key words to google?.........or contacting the people on the Glastonbury website to see if they can find out for you? :)

fraid i can't help you there.......though they sound very interesting

have you tried typing in key words to google?.........or contacting the people on the Glastonbury website to see if they can find out for you? :)

I've thought about ploughing through the programme and Googling possible bands - I can't really think of specific keywords that would stand much chance of success.I might try asking on the Glastonbury messageboards.