aberdeen-music

ATTENTION: Wasteland 10K runners

Guest tv tanned

Guest tv tanned

I got my number, chip and safety pins thru in the post today.

Haven't been out for a jog yet, so a week and a half to try and get some training done.

Just wondering if everyone still wanted to meet up before the race for a photo or two for the galleries etc?

I got my number' date=' chip and safety pins thru in the post today.

Haven't been out for a jog yet, so a week and a half to try and get some training done.

Just wondering if everyone still wanted to meet up before the race for a photo or two for the galleries etc?[/quote']

I take it you're running the BH 10k at the beach? There are a few running events coming up in Aberdeen over the summer if you like running. I was at the Balmoral 10k on the 30th and am planning to run in the Stonehaven Half Marathon on the 3rd July although that is apparently a killer of a race.

Guest tv tanned

I'm trying to get myself fit again, used to compete for the local athletic club when I was younger but then discovered alcohol and fast food.

Unfortunately haven't been able to get out and get training, but that'll change in the next few days.

Doubt I'll do it in under an hour though :(

I'm trying to get myself fit again' date=' used to compete for the local athletic club when I was younger but then discovered alcohol and fast food.

Unfortunately haven't been able to get out and get training, but that'll change in the next few days.

Doubt I'll do it in under an hour though :([/quote']

I run around 6km 3 times a week after work and run between 10 and 12km on a Saturday or Sunday although my aim is to I'm work from 10/12km up to a Half Marathon over the next few weeks. I wouldn't want to run a 10km race from having done nothing, might well do your self some damage...

Guest tv tanned

you coming along to have a laugh at me and others instead?

I'll probably be at the race for life in a spectating capacity as the fiancee is running it again

Guest tv tanned
yeah dude im still up for meeting before' date=' shall be a good laugh. I also got my stuff in the mail, nice tshirt!!

x[/quote']

Cool, say meet at 9am outside the Beach Ballroom?

Guest tv tanned

looks like it'll just be me and you Gump!

Anyone going along to spectate?

I can't bring my camera as I'm just going to turn up in my running gear, do the race and then go home.

Anyone?

Guest tv tanned
That is a joke right?

No, not really, there are many paces at which people run a 10K race, some people walk parts of the distance.

The important aspect here is that I am raising money for a charity, in the process of so doing I hope to regain a little bit of fitness and get back into regular running.

Now, if you have a problem with that then I respectfully invite you to fuck off.

No' date=' not really, there are many paces at which people run a 10K race, some people walk parts of the distance.

The important aspect here is that I am raising money for a charity, in the process of so doing I hope to regain a little bit of fitness and get back into regular running.

Now, if you have a problem with that then I respectfully invite you to fuck off.[/quote']

Hey chill already.

The reason why I asked is it is quite hard to not run for a few months, say since october last year, and then start again from the same level as before. I find if I don't run for a week I feel as if I have not run for a month or more when I run again. Lots of people tend to overestimate their fitness, and thus think they can run such a race without putting in any training at all. I'm not suggesting that is you, just highlighting the need to prepare for the race. People I know who are doing the BH 10k have been running 3-4 times a week for the last month or more in preparation. Thats not about being the fastest on the day, but rather not suffering unnessessarily.

Guest tv tanned
well i completed it at a time of 49 mins and 33 seconds' date=' I met up with tanned and sludge (nice hair), it was good fun but now im officially fucked![/quote']

Clock was reading around 55.39 when I crossed the line, seemingly that's not necessarily an accurate time though, results in the paper tomorrow. Lost Gumpy after about 2K, dunno what happened to Crocker after we passed him.

56.23 was my time. well chuft to get under an hour.trimmer /fitter version of crocker since going to the gym. main objective was to beat my dad which i did. fairly good fun. defo be up for doing it next year. well done tanned. excellent time. quite glad my smokey - smoked lungs held up :)

Guest tv tanned

Only printed the first thousand times in today's paper, so Mr Sludge and I will appear in tomorrow's edition.

In other news Mr Gumpy finished 781st with a very impressive official time of 49.04. Well done sir, I doff my cap to thee.

If we use the maths of his finishing time then it should make my time somewhere in the region of 55.10, all will be revealed the morrow.

In other news, which sadistic cunt came up with the idea of having so many hills at the finish? I attempted a sprint finish but aborted it half way up the hill to the finish line cos I thought I was going to die!