aberdeen-music

Little Flames + Dedalus + Reasons are Red, TONIGHT!!

framheim

well that was a grand night. reasons are red sounded awesome and little flames made a wonderful noise too. thought we got off to a shaky start but had pulled off a good gig by the end. for some reason i was dead nervous and shaky at the start. probably just cause there was a few friends there who had never seen us before and i wanted to make a good impression.

what did everyone think? good night? there was an awful lot of preening hipsters hanging around trying hard to look cool i thought. not that there's anything wrong with that, just puts the rest of us scruffy types to shame i guess :)

there was an awful lot of preening hipsters hanging around trying hard to look cool i thought.

fucking right. all got a bit silly really. Good to see the gig packed though.

Reasons Are Red were ace, best performance of the night I thought. Dedalus were wonderful as always but I didn't feel you guys really got going until Navigator. Which was a shame. I felt like I'd heard all the little flames songs before.

there was an awful lot of preening hipsters hanging around trying hard to look cool i thought.

I'll second that dave! Too many people who just wanted to hear what is cool at the moment (Killers, Bravery, Faux 80s new wave etc). What's wrong with trying to do something a bit different? We don't think we're great (we were pretty sloppy and there's still loads of work to do) but I don't think that a band should be immediately type cast as rubbish just they don't replicate a popular genre chord for chord! Really glad that some people picked up on the Dischord influence in us tho and one lovely man compared us to the Mars Volta!

Dedalus were great, really good sound and a charismatic performance from the Irresisible Steven D as always! Little Flames kicked out too, the girl had a great voice.

Cheers to Scott for taking a gamble on us! (Don't know if it paid off!)