aberdeen-music

Musicians of all sorts wanted to form indie band

delaney

I play guitar and I sing. I need:

One drummer

One bassist

One other guitarist (who can preferably do some backing/occasional lead vocals and some lead guitar)

My main influences are: The Libertines, The Beatles, Oasis and The Velvet Underground.

I want to start with covers then we can move on to writing out own material. Fortunately, I can write good music and it would be good if you too had some previous experience in songwriting (especially lyrics).

As usual: no time wasters and you must be reasonably good at playing (although no previous gigging experience is necessary).

If you're interested, send me an email:

jimi_hendrix707@hotmail.com

or

a.little.death.around.the.eyes@gmail.com

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

We have a drummer and a bassist now, as well as a rhythm guitarist/singer. It would be good if we could get in touch with a lead guitarist? Preferably of similar age+ influences?

We're not wanting Hendrix, we just need a guitarist who can play lead riffs and the odd solo, like Noel Gallagher or Carl Barat, you know?

Hey man, I think I fit what you're looking for, on lead guitar. I can play the odd solo and can knock out some decent lead work. I write lots of material, lots of different styles and I think I'd be up for this. Think we can get a Jam sorted? I'm at Uni at Aberdeen, and am staying here over summer so basically will be here all year round. I'm 18 btw.

P.S. If we could get something sorted out for summer that'd be awesome as I've been dying to gig since I got here.

~Andy :cheers:

Sounds good.

We had a jam this afternoon and it went pretty well. We're basically going to start off doing covers and build up a repatoire, then move on to writing our own stuff. I'll tell the other guys that you're interested and see what they have to say.