aberdeen-music

The Proclaimers - Sunshine on Leith

Guest DustyDeviada

Guest tv tanned

yes, most of their work is fantastic.

For obvious reasons I'm a big fan of 'Cap in Hand' :)

Nonetheless I got their 'Best Of' for Christmas in 2003 and it made me realise they have some quality tunes.

It's amazing! I bought it for a joke cos it was only about 2 in a sale about 7 or 8 years ago, and ended up loving every song on it! Then I Met You being a particular highlight. Me and a bunch of other dudes went to see them at the Grampian TV studios recording for some rubbish country / folk music program (Country Nights maybe?) but we trawled the charity shops before we went in and bought the most utterly rubbish ridiculous 80's jumpers we could possibly find and wore them to the gig. When the Proclaimers came out we could see them looking at us as if we were taking the piss. Which we sort of were, but in a good way :) I also saw them at T in the park in the tent and my brother got kicked in the head by a crowd surfer... it was sheerly mental in there, they had to close the tent because so many people wanted in... and again at the music hall a couple of years ago. They're bloody brilliant!

:rockon: METAAAL!! No, hang on, I'm confused.