aberdeen-music

new silver mount zion album

framheim

Guest stuartmaxwell

gsybe are a great band but i am not a fan of the atmosphere bits with the noise, it makes their records more difficult to listen to

i like zion from what i have heard

i guess making them more difficult is the point to an extent. if everything was easy to listen to music would be very boring and you wouldn't have to think about it.

listen to set fire to flames if you want the more atmospheric noise. fucking brilliant stuff.

Guest stuartmaxwell

yes dave i agree with you

its just my opinion that i dont like listening to those bits

if i want to listen to difficult music i will listen to someone who is better at it than gsybe, i prefer gsybe when they are playing notes

yes dave i agree with you

its just my opinion that i dont like listening to those bits

if i want to listen to difficult music i will listen to someone who is better at it than gsybe' date=' i prefer gsybe when they are playing notes[/quote']

fair enough maxi, i reckon they use it very well but each to his own i guess.

is there anyone in particular you think does it better?(not trying to be a dick and say "rubbish, name me one band that does it better!" just think it might be a good discussion.)

old man gloom do a similar trick for linking songs i guess and do it very well.

Guest stuartmaxwell
fair enough maxi' date=' i reckon they use it very well but each to his own i guess.

is there anyone in particular you think does it better?(not trying to be a dick and say "rubbish, name me one band that does it better!" just think it might be a good discussion.)

old man gloom do a similar trick for linking songs i guess and do it very well.[/quote']

for the merging of songs type stuff check out the swords project, 65daysofstatic et al

for difficult type of music try

Nachtluft, per mission, ROVO, scatter,

steven was trying to tell me that as well. i really can't agree with it though. i don't think it's hard work at all. it's exceptional and intense. :)

To be honest I enjoy A S Mt Zion more than GodspeedYBE these days. Its intense and dark but very delicate at times as well. Hard work - nae really, but I suppose it depends what you are used to. It may sound too orchestral or classical or lacking a chorus to some ears used to more mainstream rock / metal et al.

Dave