aberdeen-music

Lou Barlows Emoh

Guest Mr Blastcap

Guest Mr Blastcap

i see one up are doing it at bargain price but i'm skint at the moment. anyone heard it and does it stand up to J.Lowenstiens ballbusting rock lp?

What is Lou Barlow's stuff like? I was tempted to just buy it' date=' because the cover looked good, but thought I'd better have an ask around and see what people were saying...[/quote']

it's ace. sometimes you get the odd duff track but all in all it's pretty good. it all has a certain lou barlow sound about it(fairly distinctive voice and way of singing i guess). if you've never heard sebadoh or folk implosion then a very basic way of describing it might be to say snow patrol are desperately trying to be sebadoh but slightly happier. and without the jason lowenstein screams. or lou barlows screams for that matter. sebadoh always treaded a fine line between beauty and bloody anger. folk implosion were a bit steadier on the quieter side but with some bloomin brilliant songs.

the new album is just lou barlow on his own and sounds as you'd expect if you've heard his other stuff. it's fairly melancholy stuff and it's not fast moving but it sure has some lovely songs and tunes on it.

i don't know if any of that is helpful, i'm not very good at describing such things. :)

it's ace. sometimes you get the odd duff track but all in all it's pretty good. it all has a certain lou barlow sound about it(fairly distinctive voice and way of singing i guess). if you've never heard sebadoh or folk implosion then a very basic way of describing it might be to say snow patrol are desperately trying to be sebadoh but slightly happier. and without the jason lowenstein screams. or lou barlows screams for that matter. sebadoh always treaded a fine line between beauty and bloody anger. folk implosion were a bit steadier on the quieter side but with some bloomin brilliant songs.

the new album is just lou barlow on his own and sounds as you'd expect if you've heard his other stuff. it's fairly melancholy stuff and it's not fast moving but it sure has some lovely songs and tunes on it.

i don't know if any of that is helpful' date=' i'm not very good at describing such things. :)[/quote']

Cheers :)

• 8 months later...
Guest Mr Blastcap

awesome it took me a while to get round to it but i got this cd. its pretty good, not a patch on the j. lowenstien effort. Barlow on his own can get a bit gay, ballad of daykitty is all about a kitten.......yuk. i reckon arcade projects should make sebadoh paly Aberdeen, that would be neat-oh.