aberdeen-music

fao karloff

The Ghost Of Fudge

hey. rob, it's probably you that'll read this, so hello. just a quick word about gear for friday.

as i said to ash on saturday at shift, if he's concerned about the vocals being heard over the exhuberant (sp?) guitarists, best to go into the moorings and have a word with flash. he'll explain the pa set-up, and put to bed any worries.

you need to bring your own guitar amps. you'll be using the house bass amp as it's all EQ'd and shit. you need cymbal/snare/pedal etc too.

we'd like you there with the equipment asap (six or so?), provisionally you're onstage 9.40 - 10.20, but don't bank on the full 40 mins, you know what it's like. we'll do our best though. no soundcheck remember, but a line-check prior to performance. this, as you know, is how it works in the moorings, so let's give it a chance and see what happens :D

There will be no problems with vocals being heard by the audience out front, but if the guitars turn up too loud then he may struggle to hear the monitors on-stage. However it is perfectly acceptable and even desireable for him to leave the stage and perform out front where everything will be heard crystal clear.

I imagine that the full 40 mins will be dooable as both Mark and myself will be at hand to assist with the changeover. We've got them down to a fine art.

hey. rob' date=' it's probably you that'll read this, so hello. just a quick word about gear for friday.

as i said to ash on saturday at shift, if he's concerned about the vocals being heard over the exhuberant (sp?) guitarists, best to go into the moorings and have a word with flash. he'll explain the pa set-up, and put to bed any worries.

you need to bring your own guitar amps. you'll be using the house bass amp as it's all EQ'd and shit. you need cymbal/snare/pedal etc too.

we'd like you there with the equipment asap (six or so?), provisionally you're onstage 9.40 - 10.20, but don't bank on the full 40 mins, you know what it's like. we'll do our best though. no soundcheck remember, but a line-check prior to performance. this, as you know, is how it works in the moorings, so let's give it a chance and see what happens :D[/quote']

having spoken to rob yesterday' date=' apparently Mant will be bringing his own bass amp as it needs flange, delay, phasers, etc..... :)

hope this is do-able flash.[/quote']

It's dooable just costs us an extra 5 mins each way in the changeover. Are these FXs actually through the amp itself or via a pod??? I've got to ask.

It's dooable just costs us an extra 5 mins each way in the changeover. Are these FXs actually through the amp itself or via a pod??? I've got to ask.

Stomp boxes, 1 Marshall Jackhammer and 1 Boss Flanger pedal through the amp. He may actually prefer to use the house bass amp, I've yet to ask. He has a new mobile number and I don't have it yet.

Stomp boxes' date=' 1 Marshall Jackhammer and 1 Boss Flanger pedal through the amp. He may actually prefer to use the house bass amp, I've yet to ask. He has a new mobile number and I don't have it yet.[/quote']

If the amp isn't doing any of the FX itself then it would make life much easier to just take along the stomp boxes and plug them into the house amp. House amp is a nice new 18" 180W Ashdown. It's only there to provide bass fill to 1/2 the stage and because it has a nice reliable DI that we trust to take the signal back to the desk without blowing anything up.

Whatever happens on the stomp boxes will be routed through the DI and the same signal fed out front and to the stage monitors.

The bass fill to the rest of the stage is provided by a 2x10" nexo sub-woofer cum monitor.

BUT out front is where the real action is we have 2 x double 18" Funktion 1 bass bins each powered by a mono-bridged 1500W MC2 amp. These are located under the stage and transmit the bass along the floor and into the main body of the venue. You'll feel them pumping away through the stage floor! Power handling is 900W RMS... per channel... Trust me when that kick drum gets used the people at the front will feel like they've been punched in the chest.

http://www.funktion-one.com/f218.htm