Can't Cook...

KarmaTsunami

Savoury Crepes:

4oz (110g) plain flour

pinch of salt (optional)

two large eggs

7fl oz (200ml)milk

3fl oz (75ml) water

(I tend to do it in half quantities though, cause I only usually have one or two crepes)

Basically throw all the above ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Or use an electric whizzy thing if you have one (I got one for 4.99 from asda).

For the filling: Heat a frying pan with a little oil and chuck in some bacon, peppers and onion - you really don't need much at all, one slice of bacon, 1/4 onion and 1/4 pepper will be quite enough. Get that cooking nicely.

You can either use another frying pan simultaneously, or bung the cooked filling into the oven to stay warm, wash the pan, and heat it again with a little oil. Make sure the oil is quite hot (medium heat) and pour in enough of the pancake mix to cover the bottom of the frying pan. Heat the pancake until it's cooked enough to flip over. (If you loosen it off at the edges you should be able to slide it about - that's how you know it's ready to flip). Flip it over with a fish slice, then cook it until the other side is ready too.

Next, put the pancake on a plate, put the filling on top, and add some grated cheese if you want. Roll the crepe up and voila, it's ready to eat.

You can make pancakes with almost any filling. And if you make too much batter you can keep it in the fridge for a day or two - but you'll need to mix it up again when you take it out cause it has a tendency to separate.

Savoury Crepes:

4oz (110g) plain flour

pinch of salt (optional)

two large eggs

7fl oz (200ml)milk

3fl oz (75ml) water

(I tend to do it in half quantities though' date=' cause I only usually have one or two crepes)

Basically throw all the above ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Or use an electric whizzy thing if you have one (I got one for 4.99 from asda).

For the filling: Heat a frying pan with a little oil and chuck in some bacon, peppers and onion - you really don't need much at all, one slice of bacon, 1/4 onion and 1/4 pepper will be quite enough. Get that cooking nicely.

You can either use another frying pan simultaneously, or bung the cooked filling into the oven to stay warm, wash the pan, and heat it again with a little oil. Make sure the oil is quite hot (medium heat) and pour in enough of the pancake mix to cover the bottom of the frying pan. Heat the pancake until it's cooked enough to flip over. (If you loosen it off at the edges you should be able to slide it about - that's how you know it's ready to flip). Flip it over with a fish slice, then cook it until the other side is ready too.

Next, put the pancake on a plate, put the filling on top, and add some grated cheese if you want. Roll the crepe up and voila, it's ready to eat.

You can make pancakes with almost any filling. And if you make too much batter you can keep it in the fridge for a day or two - but you'll need to mix it up again when you take it out cause it has a tendency to separate.[/quote']ill see you at 6 for dinner then

Lol. Unfortunately I don't have eggs at my flat. Well' date=' I do, but they're about 3 weeks old. I also have next to no milk, and no vegetables of any kind. You saw the picture of my fridge! You know it's ENTIRELY beer, with not much else :p[/quote']

well then ill just have beer while u nibble my elbow