aberdeen-music

Terratec EWS88MT 8in 10 out Soundcard

badger

Technical Details

Harddisk recording system for PC's

PCI card and breakout box for internal or external use

Busmaster transfer supporting '24-bit 4-byte mode' (32-bit)

10 Inputs and Outputs in total

Simultaneous record and playback of 16 channels at up to 24-bit / 96kHz

8 Analog Inputs individually selectable between +4 dBu and -10 dBV

8 Analog Outputs globally selectable between +4 dBu and -10 dBV

24-bit / 96kHz analog to digital converters with 100 dB dynamic range and 64x oversampling

(Data relates to technical specifications of the converters)

24-bit / 96kHz digital to analog with 110 dB dynamic range and 128x oversampling

(Data relates to technical specifications of the converters)

Input level adjustable with +18 dB gain in 0.5 steps

Stereo digital input (S/PDIF co-axial up to 24-bit / 96 kHz)

Stereo digital output (S/PDIF co-axial up to 24-bit / 96 kHz)

20 Channel mixer with 36-bit internal headroom

Hardware VU-meter for each channel

(Our remark: in fact TT means VU-meters in the Digital mixer software that indicate the Input/Output levels of the hardware. The monitor channel has no VU-indicator)

Analog stereo monitor output, 16-bit / 48 kHz (3.5 mm jack socket)

2 Internal analog stereo inputs, 16-bit / 48 kHz (Molex)

These inputs can only be routed to the monitor output

MPU-401 compatible MIDI port

Shielded 5.25" module with 8 analog inputs and outputs (RCA Phono) and MIDI IN and OUT (5-pin DIN) for internal or external use

175 O.N.O.

Contact badger via email here iwantobuyyoursoundcard@badgerdotcom.co.uk

• 4 weeks later...
I might be interested....

However' date=' the inputs are all RCA phono aren't they? If so you would also need a mixer to use all the inputs as a mic / guitar / etc doesnt go into RCA as far as I can tell![/quote']

Since I can't see specs for pre-amps (sorry if I missed them Badger, feel free to chastise me if I did, digital specs make my eyes glaze over) you would need at least one pre-amp anyway.

Btw phono to jack converters cost about a quid. Nothing wrong with running a mic unbalanced or psuedo-balanced on a short run either.

Forgot to say 2 x 3metre Phono to jack 10 way looms are included......

All I/O is on phonos - which will not accept a mic level siganl - best to go through even a small mixer for it's pre-amps - you can get a Spirit notepad for about 50 now. The S/PDIF is also on a phono as per the standard. Also there is a "monitor" output on 3.5mm stereo jack which doesn't use the ASIO drivers which is hand when you have more than one audio app open. Cubase / Logic for instance will grab all the ASIO outputs, but in order t edit an audio part in Wavelab or something you normally would have to close cubase to "release" the drivers. The monitor out lets you do that without having to close anything up.

Here's a great review of the card http://www.computermusic.co.uk/reviews/terra/terra.asp

Oh and Christie - STFU :p

Forgot to say 2 x 3metre Phono to jack 10 way looms are included......

All I/O is on phonos - which will not accept a mic level siganl - best to go through even a small mixer for it's pre-amps - you can get a Spirit notepad for about 50 now. The S/PDIF is also on a phono as per the standard. Also there is a "monitor" output on 3.4mm stereo jack which doesn't use the ASIO drivers which is hand when you have more than one audio app open. Cubase / Logic for instance will grab all the ASIO outputs' date=' but in order t edit an audio part in Wavelab or something you normally would have to close cubase to "release" the drivers. The monitor out lets you do that without having to close anything up.

Here's a great review of the card [url']http://www.computermusic.co.uk/reviews/terra/terra.asp

Oh and Christie - STFU :p

Only trying to help. Got to keep a roof over the little Badgers heads.

• 5 months later...