aberdeen-music

Meeting for Tsunami Fundraiser

purplefrodo

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because there is no further progress this is a lost cause, we have a venue and we have funding methods we are just waiting for feedback from bands indicating the possibility of being available to play a gig in Aberdeen sometime in March. Ross will tell you that 99% of the time this is a slow and annoying process. When bands are confirmed then things will start to happen fast. I met a naked Indian in the desert, while sleeping, who took me to meet Jim Morrison. He told me to put on a fundraiser in Aberdeen to donate money to the Tsunami Appeal fund. But we're not promising Aerosmith.

Instead of me reading through 8 pages of posts...

could someone please sum up exactly what is happening tomorrow at the meeting? can even people like me go? if i can help, i'm more than willing to..but as i'm completely ignorant to what's going on as it stands..if someone could fill me in it'd be muchos appreciated :help:

thanks.

In a nutshell, we tried to get a big band to come up here and do a show, but it just wasn't possible in the end. The decision's been made instead to have a 80's night, with various local bands performing 80's covers and dressing up as them and generally making a complete tit out of themselves, guarenteeing a night of drunken stupidity and funny as fuck performances.

In other words, come along tomorrow because it's likely stuff will start happening as of tomorrow - nothing has been set in stone, but tomorrow is likely to be the day that it happens.

And yes, of course you can come along, considering there's only a few of us organising it, the more help, the better - and you can help in whatever way you'd like to :)

In a nutshell' date=' we tried to get a big band to come up here and do a show, but it just wasn't possible in the end. The decision's been made instead to have a 80's night, with various local bands performing 80's covers and dressing up as them and generally making a complete tit out of themselves, guarenteeing a night of drunken stupidity and funny as fuck performances.

In other words, come along tomorrow because it's likely stuff will start happening as of tomorrow - nothing has been set in stone, but tomorrow is likely to be the day that it happens.

And yes, of course you can come along, considering there's only a few of us organising it, the more help, the better - and you can help in whatever way you'd like to :)[/quote']

Sounds good. Where and what time? i'll be there, but i'll warn you, i'm probably not all that helpful..but i'll try..

Sounds good. Where and what time? i'll be there' date=' but i'll warn you, i'm probably not all that helpful..but i'll try..[/quote']

6pm in the Bassment.

I'm not exactly that useful either, but judging by how multi talented Ross has to be when promoting gigs there, i'm sure there's plenty of stuff that can be done to make the event better :)

(edit : god forbid, this is turning into a conversation :p)

6pm in the Bassment.

I'm not exactly that useful either' date=' but judging by how multi talented Ross has to be when promoting gigs there, i'm sure there's plenty of stuff that can be done to make the event better :)

(edit : god forbid, this is turning into a conversation :p)[/quote']

hehace, i was intending on giong to bassment straight after college for food anyway :)

In a nutshell' date=' we tried to get a big band to come up here and do a show, but it just wasn't possible in the end. The decision's been made instead to have a 80's night, with various local bands performing 80's covers and dressing up as them and generally making a complete tit out of themselves, guarenteeing a night of drunken stupidity and funny as fuck performances.

And yes, of course you can come along, considering there's only a few of us organising it, the more help, the better - and you can help in whatever way you'd like to :)[/quote']

i asked the same thing earlier :)