aberdeen-music

Band Wanted for Easy cash.

El Pacino

Hi Folks,

I'm looking to start a covers band to fund my other 'original' band. I need offers all around for whatever you play, be it guitar, bass, drums etc etc and all that usual.

I want people between 18 & 25 years old who have a deftly dark sense of humour and a varied musical taste. Covers will be optional but not unheard of crap metal / punk / ska they are punting these days.

Reply to this board thing or PM me if you have any interest whatsoever.

I'm a guitar player/singer. Can't play that many guitar solos so I'd probably be best suited as a rhythm guitarist or singer/both. Here are some suggestions of stuff I would be willing to play

All Right Now- Free (and I can almost play the solo)

Should I Stay Or Should I Go-The Clash

Wild Thing- The Troggs

Man On The Moon/Everybody Hurts by R.E.M.

Mr Jones- The Counting Crows

That's just some of the stuff that I can play + sing at the same time (I'm sure I can think of more later but I'm a bit rushed just now). So other stuff I would be up for doing includes The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Oasis, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters, Thin Lizzy, U2, Direstraits etc.

If you could PM me your list of the stuff you would like to play because I am quite flexible when it comes to covers (and would be willing to learn more). Are you going to have an actual drummer or will be using a CD (not fussed either way but I know some cover bands do this) and how much would we be playing/owning a week?

Keep jammin'

Patch