aberdeen-music

Bass Amp Settings

Inkster

Can anyone give me a rough guide of what settings to use for various music styles i.e.

Punk - Blink/Green Day style

Hardcore - FFAF/Killswitch style

Rock - Bon Jovi style

Metal - Iron Maiden/Metallica style

Death Metal - Satyricon style

and any other styles you can think of

Bass amp settings are very simple....

First: twiddle with eq controls till it sounds ok to you

Second: turn volume up till you can hear yourself over the fekin drummer (noisy bastards)

Third: play like a madman untill all your fingers are bleeding

Fourth: relax with a beer

Really though its very difficult to help someone achieve that as these bass players all use different sounding guitars, all use different back line, and all have different playing techniques.

You could start by investing in a Bass Pod....that would be the back line sorted.

Bass amp settings are very simple....

First: twiddle with eq controls till it sounds ok to you

Second: turn volume up till you can hear yourself over the fekin drummer (noisy bastards)

Third: play like a madman untill all your fingers are bleeding

Fourth: relax with a beer

Really though its very difficult to help someone achieve that as these bass players all use different sounding guitars' date=' all use different back line, and all have different playing techniques.

You could start by investing in a Bass Pod....that would be the back line sorted.[/quote']

Thanks but I was kinda hopin for a bit more.Just like you see in total guitar or something.Bass set to 5 Mid at 3 and treble at 8 to get such and such a sound.Something like that.

Thanks for your comments anyway.Everythings appreciated :up:

There so many bass sounds in Metallica let alone those other bands it would be hard to come up with settings for all of them. I am sure some one will have gone to the bother online but GraemeC has a point with "bass players all use different sounding guitars, all use different back line, and all have different playing techniques. You could start by investing in a Bass Pod....that would be the back line sorted."