aberdeen-music

Band Aid

Skull Commander

i dont think going in to a studio and playing some music in the hope of raising a lot of money for chartiy could be called lowering themselves. After all the time thom goes on about various good causes it would have been bad of him to turn down band aid, just to keep some indie cool points.

Maybe jonny was doing it to raise his public profile ahead if his appearance in the next harry potter film :rolleyes::ding:

The whole point of it was to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the original hit' date=' so what would be the point in writing another one it kind of defeats the whole 20 year anniversary thing. For that matter I doubt another charity record would have the same effect as the rerecording of Band Aid which taps into the nostalgia market and the people that like the artists on the new one. There already is a fair number of people interested in it, as it's the biggest selling single this yearI mean the bottom line is. it's for a good cause and whatever you think of the song, you have to admire Midge and Bob for trying to do it again and succeeding.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

I get the whole anniversary thing and all, but to release the same song for charity, 3 times just seems like the effort is lacking. It'll never have the impact it had the first time round so why not try and go for something new. Midge and Bob combined are quite a creative force as they proved when they wrote Do They Know It's Christmas, so why not just try and make a new classic for a new millenium. I'd have more admiration for them if they said to the world 'Look we've taken the time to write a new song, and it's just as catchy as the first, so why don't you take the time to listen to it and buy it?'

And the fact that it's the biggest selling single this year doesn't say much in a year when single sales were pretty low compared to other years. And as for Chris Martin saying to buy it, even if you don't like it, why not just make a donation directly to a charity of your choice?