aberdeen-music

Drummer available NOW!

Hugh_Jazz

Folks,

Here's the deal. I'm 28 years old, I've played drums for 15 years, I've got my own gear and transport and due to a recent band split, I'm looking for a new band of similar ages/experience as soon as. I play most popular styles.....rock, metal, jazz, latin (kind of).

My preference is for a covers band since I just want to get gigging again ASAP, and have no interest in doing recordings. Having said that, what I definitely DO NOT want is to play in a pub-rock band doing all the old standards a la Bad Company, Rollin Stones, Free, GnR etc etc. It has to be something a bit different, with a bit of an edge.

Influence are extremely varied. I'm heavily into acid jazz, funk, fusion, jazz, soul, rock, grunge, metal, ska, punk, and almost everything in between so am open to all sorts of offers.

Any takers out there?

• 3 weeks later...

Shame you are against originals and recording.........you are the perfect age, with style preference to what I need for my band.........we are currently recording an album (we have 5 songs a ball hair from being completed) and need someone to drum on some tracks and then when we unleash them live! Never mind, enjoy whatever comes your way!

:band:

Guest texjamm

I'm looking to put together a band covering funky, souly, acid-jazzy, foot tappable, bum moving covers. I play bass, have PA, work full time, own transport and family etc. Let me know if you are interested.

Mike

I'm looking to put together a band covering funky' date=' souly, acid-jazzy, foot tappable, bum moving covers. I play bass, have PA, work full time, own transport and family etc. Let me know if you are interested.

Mike[/quote']

Hi Mike,

Sounds ideal to me, so I'm madferrit. How are you getting on with sorting out the rest of a band, just bass and drums covered so far, or do you have others waiting in the wings?

If you want to get together for a jam at some point, get in touch via email (below).

Cheers

Neil

(nwm76@yahoo.com)