aberdeen-music

Rock band in search of random instruments

Niall (TGF)

Hi. Just wondering if anyone knows whre i can lay my hands on some instruments like melodicas, small (kids) casio/ bontempi keyboards, percussives instruments like shakers,tamborines, wood blocks, hand bells etc. If anyone has anything along those lines lying around at home and wants a few bucks for them let me know! Wanna make wierd sounds!

I'd reiterate the reply about car boot sales, and include charity shops. I have a very large collection of instruments (70+ at the last count, and I'm not planning on selling any I'm afraid), and a reasonable percentage have come from jumble sales/car boot sales/charity shops, including: a violin, a classical guitar and numerous wind instruments - recorders/harmonicas/penny whistles.

You very often see small kids keyboards in charity shops - it's just a case of doing a regular sweep of the shops. You can also get cheap kids percussion instruments from IKEA if you're down that way, or know someone whose going. Failing that - Early Learning Centre is good.

Regards

Flossie

Ace! Cheers for your help one and all! Needed an excuse to go back into the toy shops again! I'll try the car boot sales' date=' charity shops and marts too! Thanks again![/quote']

bhs have some cheap kids keyboard things...they make alot of strange noise. and superdrug has some toy beat box things...very fun.

ALSO...i have this small plastic box thing that makes a laughing noise. it goes through guitar pick-ups to make some strange noises...i could lend you that if you're only needing it for recording.

aye.

Am I the only one worried by this comment?

Have fun at the party last night then???

Aye the party was cool. Much drinking and complaining about the state of music. Good times.

Regarding the toyshops you should be worried! Lock up your Hornby train sets! I'll give all these places a go, so you'll all no doubt se me trying to play three instruments in every Reaons Are Red song in the near future.