aberdeen-music

Building Guitar 2: Neck and cheap pickups.

Tav

Just ordered a whole bunch of hardware and a neck from Warmoth.

The neck

1/4 Sawn Maple

22 Frets

25.5" Scale Length

10-16" Compund Radius Finger Board

1-11/16" Nut Width <PRS Fat Back Size>

0.8-0.85 Depth @1st & 12th <Fender Strat-ish Size>

6150 Nickle Fret Wire <PRSish Size>

Graph Tec Nut

Gotoh Kluson Tuners

Black Face & Side Dots

Pickups

Seymour Duncan Tele Hot Lead Tapped and Hot Rythmn. Now this is where it gets interesting. The Warmoth price for both of these pickups together is around $130 or 71! Over here you might be lucky to get one of those pickups for 70. So considering I am paying for postage anyhoo I think this had to be one of the best deals I have seen on pickups!

i did similar... fuck paying 80 for one DiMarzio Evolution here...

I have a mate in the US' date=' I bought them from a US online store, got them shipped to him and he shipped then to me by DHL! total cost couldn't have been much more than 80 for 2 Evo's (neck and bridge)!

Take that rip off merchants!![/quote']

what store was that from im looking for some evo's for my les paul sometime

www.musiciansfriend.com

You need a mate in America that you trust mind you, as they don't ship to the UK. Also you need to pay them by bank wire transfer but it went smoothly for me.

Total cost was prob around 100, for both pups, inc. 2 shipping fees and wire transfer fee also!

If you went for EMG's (the passive HZ H-4s are excellent!!) then you can get them from Stewart Macdonald, who DO ship over here but have US prices!!

ah, and here's Stewart MacDonald site for those who are less aware of the abilities of Google!...

www.stewmac.com - for EMGs from America, excludes fuss of having a mate over there but remember you may get taxed by customes (i ordered a Shaller FR Trem which was expensive so i think pups may get taxed but god only knows!)

I think they do other makes but none i was interested in. DiMarzio's are more of a bugger to get hold of, I just went with www.musiciansfriend.com