aberdeen-music

!!calling All Musicians!!

caswallon

I'm a male, 22 year old vocalist looking for talented musicians.

My vocal range is 2 1/2 to 3 octaves ( on piano) from bottom G# to top E/F.

Have some lyrics and a good idea of styles. Take The 3 Korn tracks from Queen Of The Damned DVD. Add some Queen and Evanescence. Sound messed up? Good! Coz that's where you guys come in.

I want to make something revolutionary not heard since the like of Queen. Something that will turn heads and make people say "Holy f**k!! What was that!!".

Know what I mean?

This will work, oh yes, it will work!

Anyone interested please reply via this sight or at caswallon@lethalg33k.co.uk.

You know it makes sense!!

I don't mean to be nasty, but namechecking The Calling and Nickelback is hardly gonna help your cause. Unless Virgin Radio are thinking of starting an in-house band.

I mean, as far as lyricists go, they're hardly Richey Edwards or Joe Strummer... you should have just stopped at "I have some lyrics". I know I was sort of interested up to that point.

Guest neil ex

you should have just stopped at "I have some lyrics". I know I was sort of interested up to that point.

well what would be the point in her potentially wasting people's time when she can write more about herself to try and find a more appropriate match?

well what would be the point in her potentially wasting people's time when she can write more about herself to try and find a more appropriate match?

Well often you can be totally put off by a person's musical taste, but if you don't know what they're into then you might give them a try out, and who knows, they may be just what you were looking for.

But you do have a point. However, I'd just come back from the pub, so I didn't think of that.

fair does

heh guys thanks for the replies. Lyric-wise I'm not looking to replicate what the Calling or Nickelback have done. I have my own lyrics and my own imagination and it will be nothing like theirs. Though, you have to admit, Nickelbacks "Figured You Out" has some quite funny lyrics :up:

My vocal skills have been confirmed by some quite professionally recognised people and I have no doubt that I can sing anything that's put infront of me. I'm searching for musicians with the imagination and creativity to produce something new, fresh and that will, in a way, revolutionise the Classic/Metal genre.

This I feel is the biggest challenge. Finding musicians open-minded enough to just give it a go. Who knows what sound will come out but I know without a doubt that I can hold up my end against pretty much anyone I've met so far vocally.

If this sounds like I'm blowing my own trumpet then trust me, I'm not like that. Everyone who has ever heard me sing from friends to professional West End Musical Directors have agreed that I have one of the best voices they have ever heard.

The only problem is, although I have the vocal ability to have an extremely sucessful career in Musical Theatre, it's not where my passion lies. What can I say, like you, I want to ROCK THE WORLD!!!

So, after my short novel, WHAT DO YOU SAY????

Well basically I'm a very fussy bastard, trying to put together a band of people who will do what I tell them to do. Surprisingly, I've not had much success yet...

I have about 40 useable-but-in-need-of-a-bit-of-tweaking lyrics (Clash/Manics type stuff) and I have lots of bits of music (suppose I'd call it Clash/Manics/Alice In Chains type stuff) but I have no actual songs as such, although it wouldn't take much to put them together. However, I am as yet undecided whether or not I am prepared to let someone else sing my lyrics... it would certainly allow me to concentrate on the guitar, and my voice is probably best described as a cross between Joe Strummer and Ian Curtis, with a fair capacity to bellow like nothing else, ie I'm rather out of tune.

But I ain't no Mike Patton or James Dean Bradfield, and they're my favourite vocalists.