aberdeen-music

Harriet Bartlett

Guest Bob

Just came back from seeing Harriet Bartlett (Accordian player, Singer) at Aberdeen Folk Club. Those of us who were there had a great time. More people should come to the folk night, people here are always complaining that there aren't enough *diverse* acts about and then completely ignore alternative scenes.

IT'S EVERY WEDNESDAY AT THE CARLTON LOUNGE ON THE CASTLEGATE! (Opposite end from the old Drakes)

Anyway, back to Harriet. She had a very nice voice; very clear and pure. I think she'll improve with age. Given another two or three years to mature and strengthen her vocals, and I think she'll be amazing. After all, she's only seventeen.

She also performed some good tunes that she'd written herself amongst the traditional selections.

My Dad also took some photos of her so you can see what she looked like.

DSCF0009.jpg

Later dudes.

It's brave of you sticking up for folk music on here, Bob! I used to go to the Folk Club regularly for many years (when it was in the Adelphi, The Three Poceros, The Crescent Hotel and the Lemon Tree), but I've just not made the effort to go along recently. Any chance of you posting who'll be playing in the next few weeks?

Let's all stick up for Folk Music! And while we're at it we could all pop along to Cafe Drummonds next Thursday (21st October) to see The Anna Massie Band. Anna is one of the most exciting new young Traditional musicians around at the moment and she will be supported by Carmen Higgins (where has she been?). It will be lively.

I have no problem sticking up for the folk music Alan, in the last few weeks I've taken both Jamesy from MMw and Kai down to the folk club and they both enjoyed it so there's no reason others shouldn't come.

Anyway, I found the upcoming dates for you:

20th October - AGM at 8pm followed by informal night

27th October - Jim King. An established performer in Glasgow, Jim is an excellent guitar player and singer of note.

3rd November - Informal night

Date for your diary

1st December - Rod Paterson

When no guest is booked, the club operates an informal singaround/session. 8.30pm.