aberdeen-music

Mystery Lounge... Drat/Eric euan/Stacatto Set

Guest Philip

Was this really the last one?

Staccato set: It was busy, but everyone was very quiet, shhhhh very weird!

Eric Euan: I'd never heard them before, great band with three guitarists, they told us they were playing quietly tonight, I can only imagine the sonic(heaven/hell) the have when at full tilt!

Drat: fucking good gig, well written songs delivered with the the usual warm sense of humour, it was great to see them back!

And me?..

I had a great night, the drakes booze seems to have cured my cold... for just now anyway!

More nights like this please!!

Yeah I was surprised at that too. What's the deal? They must surely be a good money-spinner when the real drinkers are in? Really nice atmosphere too.except for the bouncer...

Last night was great. The Staccato Sleazers are always great, I'm just waiting for Jim to decide he's too old for it so I can jump in...:p

Drat are just bleedin amazing and deserve to be huge. Got talking to a geezer last night who'd never seen them before and he just couldn't believe that every single song was so good, not one single filler.

More of the same please.

Why I otta!!!

Too old indeed? Haaaarumph!!!! As far as the bouncers are concerned they are only there to allow me to keep the place open after 11. Licensing thing and I am constantly telling him/them that anything, more or less goes. He's getting there, at least he looks like a bouncer.

The Mystery Lounge will still be in existence. It started when Ziggy and myself had a little more time on our hands and also with the intention of giving artists, film makers etc a platform for their work. Not many out there that interested I'm afraid. Hence the hiatus. It is now a case of us acruing enough material etc to put on Mystery Lounge specials/extravaganza's every so often. It was also a worry that we had to find bands that can follow Drat! FAAAABOOOOLUS to say the least. They 'will' be returning to their much loved venue. They are moving to the Leeds apparently will be touring more! TOP FUCKING BLOKES AND SHOULD BE HEARD. Maybe let them open for the Staccato Set someday :laughing: o_O :jester:

Keep an eye on the Big Issue. Free cd featuring the aforementioed Staccato Boys. World domenation next. Starting a cult of Lounge....

May I add

That Eric Euan are easily one of the best bands in this grey toon and top top top blokes, I thought they were fab in their adaptability on Thursday... All bands should take a leaf or two out of their book!

It seems thursday was the most well mannered, nice people nights a the Doc's. Except as you have said for the door man! Ah well. Everyone needs a foil

one more thing

Not just a grumpy bouncer... There was a guy from a penny arsed covers band that thought it was his swollen ego given right to get in for nothing because he knew a guy in a band. Big hair and kilt!!! He paid! Thank fuck we have quality control down there. I couldn't face people like that very often. Not without some serious injuries! Dr Drake's is simply rolling in cash!!!! As a manager I don't often get personal but... The talent in that room on thursday... fight for that any day!!!!!