aberdeen-music

The Money Shot

Flash@TMB

A band called The Money Shot played a half out slot at our open stage night yesterday. They're a young band that only recently formed, but the energy of their performance reminded be a lot of the vibe that surrounded AKA The Fox, back when they first started playing at our jams (my god that was over a year ago!).

The Money Shot are a 5 piece, comprising stripped down drums, bass, dual guitars, and a dedicated frontman. Musically they were reminiscant of The Black Crows, The Faces, New York Dolls, and Lynyrd Skynyrd. OK that's hard to imagine but suffice to say it was high octane rock 'n roll with a distinct Southern influence. Their drummer hit the drums harder than anyone I've seen in a long long time. He cracked a brand new pair of Vic Firth Rock sticks, the hardest, heaviest, and thickest ones we have, clean down the centre in under 30 mins.

Several of our regulars approached me during the set and commented on how much they had enjoyed this band.

I'm going to ask one of our promoters to add them to a gig in the near future.

Only one word of caution, to the band, if they read this. I noticed that you brought a fair following along, and they were all nice people. Just be careful that this doesn't develop into the type of bar invasion type crowd that have blighted a few other bands of recent years. Try to ensure that the people coming to see you perform are there for the music, and are the type of people that would go an see other bands and not just yours. Most venues in town are already fairly busy, so it's not necessary to bring a large support along. Remember that the key thing is to impress NEW people with your music. Also - take in from me - people will be impressed, I sure was!

Hopefully we'll be seeing a lot moe of this band. Come back to the open stage night any Sunday, and we'll be happy for you to continue road testing your set on us.

Hey Man

Hey Man it's leigh here ( guitarist with The Moneyshot) thanks alot for your post on us and to say we remind you of those bands is awsome!! thanks for letting use your open mic night to get this ball rollin! and thanks for your support!

C ya soon

The Moneyshot

The Keys to your house and all the money you got

You better roll the dice for the moneyshot!!!