aberdeen-music

In Ear Monitors - Anyone Interested in Aberdeen

bryanchalmers

I am trying to gauge how much interest there would be in trying to get someone up to Aberdeen to demo and fit people for custom in-ear monitors.

More bands are using these and I think that they will become increasingly popular with the advent of inexpensive personal monitoring solutions such as the Behringer Powerplay P16. Main problem in buying these is that there is no opportunity to try them out which can make the purchase a bit risky.

I saw The Custom IEM Company stand at The Bass Guitar Show in London and they have a large selection of demo kits which are versions of custom IEM earphones that allow disposable tips to be used. Trying out these earphones should give a good idea of how the custom version will sound.

If there is enough interest, it might be possible to get someone from The Custom IEM company to come to Aberdeen with demo kits and to take impressions of anyone who wants to buy one.

Please tell me if this is of interest and if enough people want, I will see if this can be arranged.

All the best,

Bryan Chalmers

I would be pretty nervous at leaving in-ear monitors in the hands of a house engineer. Potential for serious lug issues if something goes wrong and all that.

Unless there are in-built safety features in this respect? I do often think that The Deportees certainly would benefit from a better monitoring experience at times.