aberdeen-music

Binary School - Live Electronica - 22/2/14 - Cellar 35

FatHand

I'm pretty new to playing my electro in front of an audience and I'm keen to get some ideas about how I can improve and develop my own performance.  I know there a few bedroom producers on here.  Are any of you guys performing live or planning to?  It would be a great to see some of you there, get a chance to share experiences and techniques.  

We have had to remove one of the artists from our bill due to some extreme political views held and expressed through their music and that there was the possibility of conflict as a result. We apologise for not picking up on this earlier and have taken the action of changing the date of the event to remove any and all association with politics. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Binary School 001 is now on 22nd Feb 2014

We have had to remove one of the artists from our bill due to some extreme political views held and expressed through their music and that there was the possibility of conflict as a result. We apologise for not picking up on this earlier and have taken the action of changing the date of the event to remove any and all association with politics. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Binary School 001 is now on 22nd Feb 2014

Who's gone from the line-up?

this sound interesting, ill try and make it along. I probably fit into your 'bedroom producers' category but in reality its more of a 'man cave producer' seeing as I live with my girlfriend...

I would definitely like to see how electronica is done live, been focusing on trying to be able to produce well enough to make some good tunes first so haven't given that area of it much thought yet. There's enough to learn just with producing by itself as I'm sure you guys know! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the website:  

http://www.binary-school.co.uk

I rarely give myself enough time for promoting and developing an idea so with the extra time from changing dates I'm trying to get everything set up in a good way.

Please feel free to make suggestions about website content, I am especially interested if you use Spotify and would like to make a playlist along with some chat about why you like the music. This is perhaps a good way to get involved if you are more of an appreciator of electronic/experimental music rather than performer or DJ.  Drop me a line on here or on binaryschooluk@gmail.com if this is something you would be interested in. 

I will be taking my recording set up - Macbook Pro, Focusrite 2802 and Universal Audio Apollo 16 - to record the show and will try to get some kind of filming on the go too.  I would like to build up the multimedia content on the website as much as possible.  Again, if anyone fancies a project get in touch.

1513246_10152211491572193_1274822704_n.j

So Binary School 001 live act:

23:00 - 23:40    Autumn Hang

22:00 - 22:40    Protons

21:00 - 21:40    Godzilla Blues

DJs:

00:00 - 01:00    5mikes                                     DnB

23:40 - 00:00    Aberdeen City Arts Board        

22:40 - 23:00    Aberdeen City Arts Board        Ambient, electro, techno (eclectic)  

21:40 - 22:00    Aberdeen City Arts Board

20:00 - 21:00    Thought Criminal                     Upbeat dance, vocal house and electro

• 4 weeks later...