aberdeen-music

Black MIDI

scottyboy

Kaki King posted this on facebook today and I was curious to see if anyone is interested in this stuff: http://gawker.com/black-midi-is-insane-but-totally-mesmerizing-robot-mu-1373444675 .

Sounds a lot like classical piano music tbh, with the addition of slightly annoying garbled low notes which seem to function as both bass and drums and are - I gather - the MIDI equivalent of someone pressing his forearm on the lower keys. Sounds like a skilled, perhaps virtuoso, classically trained player could play the main part(s) assuming a score. Though more than one musician would be needed for the harmony parts in the second track; I'd be curious to see it attempted live.

I wonder what Tam Lockah would make of this... finally a guitar music fan posting about electronic music; and yet I also remember once him frowning on me for praising chiptune's propensity for having "way more notes" than conventional rock and pop...