aberdeen-music

Anyone live in Methlick or Oldmeldrum?

Lee Anderson

Currently looking at houses in either Methlick and Oldmeldrum? Any member live or grow up in these areas? What's it like?

In Bucksburn now but want to get futher away from the city. Got two school aged children so schooling and recreational clubs/activities being available is important. Have heard the schools are excellent and both villages have that community spirit thing going on.

Currently looking at houses in either Methlick and Oldmeldrum? Any member live or grow up in these areas? What's it like?

In Bucksburn now but want to get futher away from the city. Got two school aged children so schooling and recreational clubs/activities being available is important. Have heard the schools are excellent and both villages have that community spirit thing going on.

I grew up in Meldrum and it was excellent for kids. Obviously this was a number of years ago, but only have good things to say about my experience of the primary school, although I went to Inverurie Academy because Meldrum Academy hadn't been built yet.

Loads of new houses have gone up since I lived there so it's altogether a bigger place, but there are a couple of great pubs and from what time I spend there now (limited) it still feels like a nice place to live. Decent enough buses into town, and supermarkets/more shops/more stuff in Inverurie about seven miles away. I would consider moving back there eventually, probably.

Meldrum's great. One of my bandmates lives there and wouldn't go anywhere else. Quite a small village obviously, so it's not exactly nightlife central but there's plenty going on. Couple of good pubs, and lots of recreational stuff like sports clubs etc at the schools (which are very good indeed) and the village hall is well used. There is a strong community spirit and he's forever in and out of other folks houses of an evening etc. and there doesn't seem to be any crime/antisocial problems to speak of. It's a nice distance away, so it's definitely rural but still easily accessible on a main road 20 mins from Aberdeen, and a decent bus service too. And the metropolis of Inverurie is close by for doing the big shop at Tesco etc. Highly recommended for what you're looking for.