aberdeen-music

Weber MASS attenuator 130

craig deadenstereo

I'm selling my attenuator as I have no need for it with my new amp.

It is a Weber MASS 50, which means it works for amps up to 50W. You could use it with a 100W amp, but not on full attenuation, or something might fry.

Unlike a hotplate it has variable instead of notched atenuation settings, and also unlike the hotplate this version has two impedances - switchable between 4 and 8 ohms. It also has a built in DI with seperate volume and B M T controls, based on a fender tone stack.

These are unavailable in the UK at the moment, I imported this from the States, so you are saving yourself the hassle of importing, customs, taxes and the chance that it doesn't work and you have to post it back to America to get fixed. This one works perfectly.

The chicken head knob for the attenuation has moved round it's stalk, meaning it is on full attenuation, but shows 6. This is easy to fix, but I don't have the rigth screwdriver to take the knob off and re-set it....

Info on it here: http://www.webervst.com/mass.html

A pic from website:

mass1.jpg

Shipping is at buyer's expense, or you can wait til our next gig in Aberdeen (October)

Craig

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great bit of kit....I have the 100w version.

Anyone out there with a valve or hybrid amp that they can't get the best sound from because you can't turn up beyond about 4 ?

This lets you run the power tubes flat out and then just add a bit of pre amp dirt as required, allows the natural harmonics of the amp shine through which makes it sound fatter and more powerful.

This is an absolutely indispensible bit of gear if you care about your sound and a fuckin bargain at this price.