aberdeen-music

FS: Yamaha BB614 bass - £150

neepheid

Hi folks

I am selling my Yamaha BB614 bass. It's black pearl with matching headstock and rosewood fingerboard. A PJ pickup configuration with 3 band EQ (active only). It's in fair condition, pretty good from the front with only a few small dings but a lot of buckle rash (not by me, I might add) in the back, but nothing through to the wood. A wee chip in the finish at the top of the headstock. One of the rubber O-rings on the knobs is missing (the mid frequency one). The preamp and jack socket were replaced because it was constantly running the battery down. This is now fixed (proven by measuring current between the battery and the EQ circuit - 0mA unplugged, 55mA plugged in). It now has an Artec SE-3 EQ circuit in it. Can supply the original Yamaha loom if you want to have a go at putting it back. Most importantly though, the neck is good, nice satin feel and it is somewhere between a Precision and a Jazz in terms of nut width and profile.

Due to its less than pristine condition and the fact that the innards have been replaced, I'm only looking for £150 firm for it. No offers. Can take more pictures if anyone wishes, and you are of course welcome to try it before you buy it.

office_bass.jpg

• 2 weeks later...