aberdeen-music

Drakes 9/10/2003

GraemeC

Well I havent done this for a while.

Went to Drakes tonight 9/10/03 had a superb night.

First up were Orwell, angry music, lots of screaming, couple of the songs were fantastic and some were a little dull but on the whole very entertaining.

Next, eric euan, stunningly bloody fantastic, less indie than the last (and only other) time I saw them, very dynamic songs which on their own keep you interested, (cos the on stage action wont) they could do with being a little bit more animated and they dont make full use of having three guitarists, in fact they could loose one and I wouldnt notice, really good though, that opening song was a doozy!!

Closer were the touring support, Ive seen them before and theyre ok but a bit too generic American punk ala Blink 182 for my personal taste.

Mercury tilt switch were last on and rocked, very full on, very tight, very good, but better than eric euan? Im not too sure.

yeah it was a great night. pretty much agree with everything you said about it. closer were just dull I thought.

Eric Euan have been chugging away longer than any other band in Aberdeen pretty much and are still one of the cities most under-rated acts.