aberdeen-music

wowee zowee: drummer seeks rockin band!

iainidc

wowee zowee: drummer looking for band!

Hi, I am a drummer (mid 30's) who has recently moved to Aberdeen and am looking to join a band or meet up with some like-minded musicians to jam with, play gigs etc. I have played numerous live gigs on the Glasgow scene as well as recording a few demos with previous bands, all the usual stuff. My fave bands & influences include Pixies, Pavement (as you probably guessed!), Sonic Youth, Strokes, My Bloody Valentine, Jane's Addiction, Nine Inch Nails, Sebadoh etc so if you have similar taste in music or if you just need someone reliable to turn up regularly please get in touch! Thanks, Iain

• 2 weeks later...

hi iain

i just read your last post. its weird, i was about to put one up asking FOR a drummer, but it soudns like you perfectly fit the bill. our band is called the great bears, our drummer is going to canada for a few months, she comes back in february, and we are looking for someone into neil young, pixies, beck, pavement, nirvana etc to play with us doing our own songs while lynn is away and possibly for longer if she comes back with no desire to be a drummer anymore. We've got a few 4trak demos as mp3 files that i could send you for a listen and if you like them then we could arrange to meet up at a practice room here in aberdeen at some point soon and let you hear us? the demos are of older songs, and arent as grungy as we sound live but you'll get an idea of what we are like i guess.

we're all really busy with work and other things so we would be arranging practies specifically for gigs, as opposed to a weekly regular thing, but we're totally committed to putting a great set together and playing regularly in and around aberdeen. I sent these demos to dr drakes recently and they offered us a gig right away on the back of them, but we had to pull out. they've offered us another gig as soon as we get it together with another drummer though... so anyway, if your interested get back to me on k.allan@abdn.ac.uk, and ill send you the mp3 files, or arrange to get you a CD copy.

cheers

kevin

• 2 years later...

hi,

I'm also looking for someone into pavement, MBV, broken social scene, calexico, liars and Deerhoof. I have some some demos available. 25yr old guitarist with studio (CaVa, Substation),tour and live experience. Pro gear. Used to be in bands nobody's heard of.