aberdeen-music

FOR SALE - Laney GH120 Head

Pilot Error

Hey guys,

Am looking to sell my trusty Laney GH120 head. Is basically a 2 channel, 120 watt, solid state head. Has none of the digital effects that are oh so cool to have on amps nowadays, just clean and dirty.

To be honest, I don't really know how the O/D channel sounds when used properly, because I've always put my pedal board through the clean channel. Had a quick play last night and it works fine, just couldn't be bothered spending the time EQing a proper sound.

The clean channel is loud as fuck though! I've played tons of amps, some shitty and some boutique, and this is louder than every single one of them. We've gigged dozens of times, and I've never even had it above 3, even at practice and even then has been too loud really.

Couple of downsides, but nothing major. Reverb knob doesn't seem to be working - could be a problem, could just be a loose wire. I'm no sparky so don't want to be taking it apart. Also, there's no footswitch. Like I said, I've only ever gone through the clean channel with an effects board so never had any call for the O/D channel.

Picture is here http://www.rockfactory.co.uk/prodimages2/IMG_0465.jpg

More review here Guitars: GH120 by Laney | Harmony Central

Am selling purely because I've got another head that I use a lot, and could do with the space and more importantly the cash.

Bought about 12 months ago for 150 on ebay. Looking for 100 if anyone's interested....

• 2 weeks later...