aberdeen-music

Recording mishap.

Jaaakkkeee

Recorded some synths into Ableton Suite the other day but didn't change the input from 1/2 to mono. So now there's only sound in the left channel. Any way I can make this fully stereo without rerecording?

Could you double up the tracks and pan left and right?

If not could you route one input from your soundcard into another one and record a mono track from the track you recorded on Ableton? Not sure that makes sense or if it works technically but could be worth a try.

What synth did you use?

If not could you route one input from your soundcard into another one and record a mono track from the track you recorded on Ableton? Not sure that makes sense or if it works technically but could be worth a try.

What synth did you use?

Nup, Got a macbook. One fucking dual in/out. So fucking annoying it makes my head boil. I'm saving up to get a decent soundcard though and this was just experimenting.

It was my friend's microKORG.

I think we'll just need to rerecord. Meh. cheers though.

Nup, Got a macbook. One fucking dual in/out. So fucking annoying it makes my head boil. I'm saving up to get a decent soundcard though and this was just experimenting.

It was my friend's microKORG.

I think we'll just need to rerecord. Meh. cheers though.

For a future solution that'd be cheap enough to justify an in between sound card option, you could get yourself a dirt cheap midi box to plug in via USB. That way you could record the midi parts and if you wanted a MicorKorg sound over softsynth then all you would need to do is plug the korg into your macbook input and let the midi that you recorded control the microKorg. That would also free you up to do some real time tweeking. Actually, does the microKorg not have a USB port on it? Perhaps, if it does, it might send midi signals to Ableton bypassing the need for any boxes at all.

If not could you route one input from your soundcard into another one and record a mono track from the track you recorded on Ableton?

Woops that doesn't make sense.

You would need to take your phones output and plug that into your input then press play in Ableton whilst recording your original track again in a separate mono track. There has to be an easier way of sorting that issue but I don't use Ableton.

You could stick the signal through a pedal or something on the way back in for a laugh.

Guest idol_wild

Can you possibly cut and paste the existing track into a new track in a new session, having set up the new track as mono, or would the parameters and settings migrate with the recorded track?

Can you possibly cut and paste the existing track into a new track in a new session, having set up the new track as mono, or would the parameters and settings migrate with the recorded track?

I think i read somewhere online that that doesn't work. I think we'll just need to re record it. It's only 3 synth lines of 4 bars each. Not a whole song or anything it would've just been nice to be able to fix it before the next practice.

I'm sure it has a midi input yeah. We might figure it out. Cheers anyway! x

Recorded some synths into Ableton Suite the other day but didn't change the input from 1/2 to mono. So now there's only sound in the left channel. Any way I can make this fully stereo without rerecording?

Sounds strange,i don't know ableton.In Logic if you record a mono track it'll still playback through the left and right channels...it's just a mono sound that's all.

Sounds strange,i don't know ableton.In Logic if you record a mono track it'll still playback through the left and right channels...it's just a mono sound that's all.

yeah same with ableton but if it's set to have a stereo input and receive a mono input, it will only have the left channel being used as mono = left.

I need to set it to look for a mono sound then I'll have sound in both my lugs.

I'm just going to man up and re record. But cheat. another question coming.

If I set up a midi channel in ableton, write a synth line then send to the microKORG using this usb to midi cable and then have the audio come back to my mac and record in an audio channel... should that work.. yes?

yeah same with ableton but if it's set to have a stereo input and receive a mono input, it will only have the left channel being used as mono = left.

I need to set it to look for a mono sound then I'll have sound in both my lugs.

I'm just going to man up and re record. But cheat. another question coming.

If I set up a midi channel in ableton, write a synth line then send to the microKORG using this usb to midi cable and then have the audio come back to my mac and record in an audio channel... should that work.. yes?

that should work

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this as I thought my next question wasn't worth a new thread.

I got my midi cable. Set it up. and it played. well almost...

For some reason sometimes it'll just play one note continuously instead of playing the notes I wrote in the midi channel. And if it does play all the notes the first not is just always there in the backround.. which causes some parts to sound out of tune and it even ignored some notes because of this one note in the backround...

Can anyone shed some light on what I might be doing wrong? x

Bumping this as I thought my next question wasn't worth a new thread.

I got my midi cable. Set it up. and it played. well almost...

For some reason sometimes it'll just play one note continuously instead of playing the notes I wrote in the midi channel. And if it does play all the notes the first not is just always there in the backround.. which causes some parts to sound out of tune and it even ignored some notes because of this one note in the backround...

Can anyone shed some light on what I might be doing wrong? x

Is the midi click on ?