aberdeen-music

Pedal Steel

Guest DustyDeviada

Hey SlowDazzle, if you can do it, then please consider joing The Deviadas, I'd love a pedal steel player.

Might be best trying to start out on lapsteel to see how you get on before shelling out the best part of a grand on an actual pedal steel.

Does anyone play it? How hard is it to learn? i know its a bit odd with it having 8 strings and being tuned to a chord' date=' but is it pretty simple for a guitarist to pick up?[/quote']

Is that not the contraption where you have to use your knees to pull levers as well? There was an article about it in Guitarist a while back. One of the top players got an interview...I'd think it would be pretty tricky instrument to play.

• 2 weeks later...
Is that not the contraption where you have to use your knees to pull levers as well? There was an article about it in Guitarist a while back. One of the top players got an interview...I'd think it would be pretty tricky instrument to play.

Yeah, levers are used to change the chord that the pedal steel is tuned to... anyone actually play one?

Guest lime ruined my life

you can get guitars adapted with levers to change the note of particular strings on yr guitar, and tune it to a chord, and play it as a pseudo pedal steel.