aberdeen-music

anyone like new wave?

M.A.R.T

"yes

and im presently in the process of inventing said band"

well if you need a M.A.R.T then say yo!

as for george benson. i just bought 'in your eyes' on 12" as an impulse buy at one up as it was only 50p.

id never heard of him before and later found out he'd just played glasgow the day before. and now he has adverts on tv, its pretty wierd.

but yeah its a great album, really sexy stuff. ive just won some more benson stuff on ebay.

and i just bought a starship album for 50p and thrs not a bad song on the record.

Originally posted by M.A.R.T

so what sorta stuff are you doing?

we have been described as...

'pushing together the feel of My Bloody Valentine with the Byrds and chucking a few samples into the mix as well as a good portion of electronics'

and

'Theres elements of Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, in the drawn out scuzzy feedback. Firm nods to the melodic, indie anthemry of Vapour Trail era Ride. The thumping synth beats and dance-adelic coolness of DJ Shadow and Tortoise. And cunning nods in the direction of Four Tet and Pink Floyd.

Theres something slightly tongue in cheek about it all, yet theres also a hint that it was recorded with each member of the band wearing an icy glare etched firmly across their faces.

Its dark and mysterious, yet surprisingly danceable in places. Its fast. Its slow. Its like The Matrix and Easy Rider all mixed up.'

so that pretty much sums it up........

hey, you just have to ask and you can get a free 3 track hg1 cd.

ive remixed a hookers green song, and it was kinda mock idm. it turned out pretty good. id like to get into remixing more stuff.

i dont really write that much music right now.

i spent the first half of this year writing and recording in the mornings. and then by july i had decided that it was a complete waste of time and it was really shit.

although im doing this new wave thing which'l keep me busy. id quite like to go into depth in the production side of things.

and i think i may be working with dedalus at some point too.

Originally posted by Dresden Style

yes

and im presently in the process of inventing said band

Is this the project I'm involved in?

Oh my... I get so confused. The world is swirling around and around... twit twooooooo.

Guest Dresden Style
Originally posted by Lester Burnham

Is this the project I'm involved in?

Oh my... I get so confused. The world is swirling around and around... twit twooooooo.

yes/no/maybe*

*delete as appropriate

and ive just realised its 'neu wave' according to the instuction booklet that came with the band

always read the small print

Small print eh?

I haven't been told about any small print sonny... there's a conspiracy on the go. Next thing you know I'll be working in private eyes funding the Shocks.

Yarrrrrr pieces of eight.