aberdeen-music

It's been a long time coming

paranoid

Technically speaking they should be forced to if they are going to apply anti-trust laws consistently. But like Le Stu says, people only seem to get upset when you've got a massive market share like Microsoft has.

The one main difference between Apple and Microsoft OSs is that Apple OSs can't be (legally) installed on non-apple devices.

I imagine that's the difference, and I'm sure Microsoft's lawyers have looked into this very carefully.

Guest idol_wild
Was just about to change my signature, think i'll need to leave it a few days now so it doesn't look like i changed it just because you guys said that.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, you only moved it because we hate it.

Peer pressure: Love it.

PS - I'm aware that natural human behaviour will tempt you to reinstate your signature in spite, but it won't work. ;)

The one main difference between Apple and Microsoft OSs is that Apple OSs can't be (legally) installed on non-apple devices.

Yes, yes they can, you buy it so you can run it on any hardware you please just don't expect any help

Yes, yes they can, you buy it so you can run it on any hardware you please just don't expect any help

It's still illegal though. Hence why some of the firms that build PCs with OS X running on them are being sued by Apple (Apple Sues Psystar - Tom's Hardware).

Should make an interesting court case though as I don't think anything like this has got as far as court before.

It's still illegal though. Hence why some of the firms that build PCs with OS X running on them are being sued by Apple (Apple Sues Psystar - Tom's Hardware).

Should make an interesting court case though as I don't think anything like this has got as far as court before.

Any court with any common sense would agree that if you purchase an operating system you should be able to install it onto whichever hardware you like as long as you do not modify the original discs, eg: (rip the dvd, open it using a disc image editor, insert a modified piece of code) and that using a boot loader/modified is perfectly legal.

Unfortunately this is happening in America...

So yes it may be illegal there, sometimes i see things how they should be(to the point of stubborness) and not how they are

The way I see it is, if you buy Mac OsX and sell it bundled with a computer with modified bios or bootloader you should be in the right, if you sell it with modified discs then you break the law