aberdeen-music

Fish

Bigsby

For what it's worth, I would imagine that he probably DID hit his wife, but maybe not his daughter. Saying "I was never charged with anything" isn't really a defence in domestic abuse situations as more often than not the victim (whether male or female) will not report the matter to the police, particularly the first time it happens.

I think the point he is making is that in the article it claims that the she did report it to the police who came out to her and checked her over and bandaged her up after he'd hit her, if that was the case, he would have gotten a caution regardless of whether she was willing to press charges, tbh he would probably have been charged regardless of whether she wanted to press charges if as she says there was blood everywhere and she had to be bandaged up etc. there are a huge number of innacuracies within the piece, apparently his 18 year old daugther was born in 2001, Marillion split up in 1989 - really, I just got tickets to see them play in December, there are little bits missed, such as she's never mentioned this before, in fact until Fish got married again, if it was as a warning to his new wife, why didn't she do it before the wedding, why wait till 2 weeks after. For someone who hates hima s well, why does she keep turning up to gigs, she was at the last Edinburgh gig I was at, there's just too many things in this that don't add up.

I have spent a fair bit of time with the man, and he does have a temper, but in all the times I've seen him severely provoked etc I've never seen him raise a fist, nor threaten to, and I can't believe for a second he would ever hurt Tara. It seems a bit strange she would make up that he hit her daughter but tell the truth about her.

My honest opinion based on knowing him and Tara, and having met Tammi is that she's done it so hse can feed her own drug habit which i know from seeing myself is probably far in excess of anything Fish has or had.

Fish isnt a saint but I just don't believe he would beat either his wife and especially not his daughter.

• Upvote 1