aberdeen-music

Pedal repairs/pedal building???

tav' date=' what is it exactly you are wanting to do for the pedalboard? have every pedal wired in parrallel instead of series like normal? im not sure how good that would sound though, as pedals affecting each other can give some cool sounds.

wiring up something like a looper ([url']www.loooper.com) to work in parrallel should be simple enough...

David

I think the idea is to have the pedals in parallel so that when none are on the signal will not flow through them...rather just pass through a connection and straight to amp. As soon as you turn a pedal on you'd want all the signal to go through that then any others...then by pass the rest of the pedals not being used...if you get my drift? Only having the signal going through the pedals you need it too...

EDIT: I looked at looper...could use a 1 looper like this perhaps - Link up all my pedals. Link the group of pedals to the looper. Have the signal from my guitar going through the loopers other "channle." Then use the looper to switch in and out the pedals...obviously need to turn effects on before pressing looper...could mean you could turn multiple effects on at once...but your still have the signal passing through pedals which are off...this is what I was trying to get around.

EDIT 2 : Looked at the 5 looper...this would allow up to 5 pedals to be switch in an out...would still need to put them on before using the looper but it does let you have the signal only going through one pedal <or however many you want> at a time.

then a looper is more what you would be needing, you know the concept of true bypass? basically a looper is a row of true bypass loops, when they are off, the signal goes straight through the pedal, and only touches the switches and the wiring inside (leaving your signal completely unaffected) when you activate any of the loops, it redirects the signal through the pedal

this means you can have all the peals out of the signal when not needed, and you will be able to switch on more than one and get the usual results (not sure how good a few effects in parrallel would be, impedances and stuff can sometimes bugger this up i think)

i have a feedback loop/true bypass loop i made a while ago, they are pretty simple to make

nonledlooper.bmp

is the diagram for a looper, if you want more loops, just cascade the circuit, output on one into the input of the next (repeat until you have as many loops as you desire)

if you want leds, you need to get hold of some 3pdt switches, then use the extra poles to switch on/off an led

nonledfeedbacklooper.bmp

this is the diagram for a feedback looper, basically connecting the send and return via a variable resister and a switch (so you can use it as a normal loop to)

i havent had good results with the feedback loop i made, but thats mroe down the the pedals i have to use with it, as the reuslts vary depending on what effects you use, and the propertys of individual stompboxes

David

Just to make it clear not wanting the acctual effects in parallel...don't know how that would work. I am sure I will work it out ideal thing would be for uneffected tone.

1. No signal going through any pedal not turned on, hence in parallel with a signal wire or something.

2. Multiple pedals would be connected in serises so they work correctly.

Which is really how a looper works?...I guess by leaving the pedals on all of the time then your looper would be liek stomping on each on which could be cool. Then there's the tuner out and the bypass all switches...I like the idea of a looper now. White gloss...or cream gloss...tough decision lol.

So where did you get it repaired?

In my bedroom. To be fair man it's not that hard to fix that simple problem. All you do it open it up un-solder the connections of the jacks and re-solder em back on.

Easy as. It's a bit of a pain in the ass. I only ever used that peice of junk because I didn't have a real guitar amp. I used to use an old keyboard amp (which had to be fixed everynowandthen too) so it was gay and i used that zoom thing cos it had distorsion and an amp simulator.

Just to make it clear not wanting the acctual effects in parallel...don't know how that would work. I am sure I will work it out ideal thing would be for uneffected tone.

1. No signal going through any pedal not turned on' date=' hence in parallel with a signal wire or something.

2. Multiple pedals would be connected in serises so they work correctly.

Which is really how a looper works?...I guess by leaving the pedals on all of the time then your looper would be liek stomping on each on which could be cool. Then there's the tuner out and the bypass all switches...I like the idea of a looper now. White gloss...or cream gloss...tough decision lol.[/quote']

yeah, a looper would be good for you, you leave the pedals all on all the time, and just stomp their loops on/off when you need them

if you like, you can also put multiple pedals in the same loop, so you could turn on/off multiple pedals via one switch which could be useful if you use certain combinations all the time

for a tuner out, you would just need to make an a/b switch somewhere in the chain (first would be best for the tuner, so it gets the unaffected sound)

a goes to the input of the next loop (or output if its last in the chain) and b goes out to the tuner

abswitches.bmp

those are the two diagrams i have for making an a/b, i am going to build the one on the right (thats the internals od a DOD a/b that they used to make i think) but either should work. all it is is basically another loop, but with out the return

and a bypass all switch would be easy to do, it wouldnt really make a difference to the sound, but it would let you get rid of every effect (if you have different effects in different loops) at once, just make another bypass loop, with the send going to the first loop in th echain, and return from the output of the loop chain

oh, and white gloss is the way ;)

David

I think it would be cool to ge a looper then have a look inside...perhaps borrow some ideas so to speak.

most loopers are only really what i have posted above

for some proper professionally built loopers' date=' check out [url']www.loooper.com they make some top class loopers and switching units

David