aberdeen-music

Shotgun dawn - new myspace

Sturtpot

Hi Everyone

You may remember if you stretch your memories back a couple of years a small hard-rock band called Open Air. Well after a mutual split and a good time apart we decided a couple of months ago to have a go at jamming again as a three-piece.

We've renamed ourselves Shotgun Dawn (a more rockin' name all round I think you'll agree) and written a few tracks that can be viewed at: Shotgun Dawn on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

The tracks "Long is the Night", "Revolver" and "Voodoo Roy" (the last one being a tongue in cheek piss-take about our good friend) we have recorded by ourselves using the GarageBand software and mixed by our drummer Chris. They are still a working progress but I hope you get the jist of what we're trying to do. This time around we're just trying to spend a bit more time on the song-writing process to mature our sound.

Anyways we all hope you enjoy the tracks. :)

Thanks for your time.

Stu

Gary Hindley... that guy just won't go away!! He still have that fake as fuck Liverpool accent? haha

lol Gary's fine, he's calmed down a lot since he got married. Bring up Everton, Liverpool, Football or get a drink in him and his scouse accent will show!! Got to love it! :laughing:

lol Gary's fine, he's calmed down a lot since he got married. Bring up Everton, Liverpool, Football or get a drink in him and his scouse accent will show!! Got to love it! :laughing:

aye, sure he slurred something similar at me last time our paths crossed. I found it irritating tbh... but hey, guess he's harmless. But a new direction should really be on the cards by now. I mean.... ANOTHER, Metallica-esque band? Eeecheee wah-wah...

aye, sure he slurred something similar at me last time our paths crossed. I found it irritating tbh... but hey, guess he's harmless. But a new direction should really be on the cards by now. I mean.... ANOTHER, Metallica-esque band? Eeecheee wah-wah...

We've tried to start a new direction with this band. Simplifying riffs and drawing on other styles; blues, prog rock, punk etc. Even though we do all like Metallica we're not influenced by them any more. We'd like to think we could turn our hand to anything, but we're writing the songs and music we feel suits us best. I don't think you could describe any of the songs we've written so far as Metallica-esque, whereas in Open Air we all really drew something from that.

Gary's vocals do have a twinge of Hetfield about them but then he'll always have that because thats who he learnt to sing to. If you listen to the song 'Revolver' I think you'll see more of his natural tone coming through. :)