aberdeen-music

Teitur @ The Lemon Tree

Teitur + special guests, Mon 8 June, doors 8pm, 7+bf

The Faroe Island's leading musical export, Teitur's haunting vocals, subtle melodies and understated production are as influenced by other "Northern Lights" acts such as Bjork, Sigur Ros and mum as they are the films of Ingmar Bergman - incidentally he actually now lives on the same island as the late film maker. Although on the scene for a number of years now, it is his fourth album 'The Singer' released earlier this year that has really brought his incredible talents to a wider audience, receiving universal praise and critical acclaim.

"Teitur writes story songs of immense beauty, they reverberate with an elegiac poignancy and emotion that move the listener with an almost wilting intensity. The influences are diverse, the lyrics stand alone as startling poetry, such is his ability as a storyteller and they recall the Russian greats Chekhov, Tolstoy, Bulgakov, but also American writers like Richards Brautigan and Yates, as he deals with the mundanity and absurdity of everyday life and captures the humour and bleakness in the human condition inside his verse. Musically his vision is equally ambitious; at times he reminds of the dramatic instrumentation of a Krzystof Komeda score or a soundtrack to an Ingmar Bergman film. The Singer is the first evidence of an extraordinary talent about to delicately land upon our shores."

Teitur on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Tickets available from Aberdeen Box Office, phone 01224 641122

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to sound Teitur than a Dukes Special but that LT bf BS enrages me.

I don't want to book a ticket, I just want to turn up at gigs and pay at the door, and paying 1.50 or whatever extra amount they decide at the time is taking the piss.70p BOOKING FEE? tonight .Bollocks fee mair like .

Good old Drummonds and Tunnels, nae booking fee and a cheaper pint .