aberdeen-music

Gallery Re-opened!

Neil

Finally, the Gallery section of the web site has been re-opened. As you may notice the gallery has one or two extra features since it has been upgraded but you will almost certainly notice the absence of any band photo categories. Why? Well, I've decided to do things a bit differently as the problem we had before was that only moderators could move photos into the band categories and categories had to be manually created for each band upon request. This proved to be rather frustrating and rather understandably the band photo categories had few photos within them.

So instead I encourage you all to use the Photo Album feature (use the Album Admin link in your photo gallery section). What you can all do if you wish is simply create photo albums for your band's photos to be added to. Then publicise the direct link to this photo album to everyone.

So, for example, I have an album of my Reading Festival photos that can be viewed using this link:

http://gallery.aberdeen-music.com/showgallery.php?cat=3001

As long as you are a registered member on this web site then you will be able to see all the photos within the album and comment or rate the photos if you wish.

If you are a band then this can be a handy promotional tool. Simply create album for your band, upload the photos to the album and then use the direct link to link from your band's web site, post it in a sticky post in your band's forum here (if you have one), stick the link in e-mails, private messages - the possibilities are endless!

I hope this system works out to be much better. The only downsides of using the photo albums in this way is that firstly have to be registered member of forums to view the photos within the album and secondly, only you can upload and assign photos to your own albums. Other members cannot assign photos to your albums and so it is not possible to collaborate when creating a photo album at this time.

As always let me know if there is any problems or if you have any feedback. Have fun!

8)