aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Sam 45

Seymour Duncan STR-3 Quarter Pounder

Quick question about pick ups. Do i have the option to put this in the neck or the bridge? Or is it just designed for one spot?

The STR-3 is a neck pickup, as the R in STR stands for rhythm. The STL-3 (Lead) is the bridge pickup. Also bridge pickups and neck pickups on Tele's are very different in shape, so I don't think it can even be attempted.

Quarter Pounders are great pickups though.

The STR-3 is a neck pickup, as the R in STR stands for rhythm. The STL-3 (Lead) is the bridge pickup. Also bridge pickups and neck pickups on Tele's are very different in shape, so I don't think it can even be attempted.

Quarter Pounders are great pickups though.

Thanks man, i thought that was the case. You get ones designed for Teles.

I thought the STR/L was just a Tele pickup? Or do they make them for Strats too? My knowledge of Strats is very limited, and all I do know about them is that I just plain don't like them :D

I must add that if it is a Strat pickup, then you can put it wherever you want. The only difference is the output. Neck pickups are lower in output, so it won't be as hot as you might like. I'd personally dig that. I find Strat single coils in the bridge too brash and noisy.

I must add that if it is a Strat pickup, then you can put it wherever you want. The only difference is the output. Neck pickups are lower in output, so it won't be as hot as you might like. I'd personally dig that. I find Strat single coils in the bridge too brash and noisy.

Sorry i read your post wrong man. Yeah, i'm not a fan of the Strats. Anyway i'm gonna put a quarter pounder in my Tele.

I thought the Quarter Pounder sounded dull and lifeless.

Just replaced my 3 pup set with some Bare Knuckle Irish Tours. Those are REAL pickups!