aberdeen-music

Drum Machines

If you are going to get a drum machine it's probably worth spending a little more money rather than getting a total cheapo one. If you are programming a drum beat then it's definitely better if the editing functions are decent. Most drum machines have finite samples although depending on the make/model there may be functions that allow you to effect these. Have you mucked about with software drum sequencers?

In terms of drum machines, there is a new Akai that looks like it would be very decent. It has similar pads to the MPC which are very pleasant to hit. There are the Boss drum machines too. DR 880 so something. I have one of these and the drum sounds are varied enough. You have a lot of connectivity as well: midi, instrument input stereo out etc. Used this a lot for jamming with my keyboard and MC. Might be worth looking at samplers too.

Mhm. Im looking for something to programme really fast dance beats into and that I can use onstage and in practices.

My budgets probably about 100, maybe at a push 140 but I need it asap

Absolute Music Solutions: Alesis SR18 drum machine

Boss DR880 Dr Rhythm drum machine - Nevada Music

Akai XR20 Beat Production Centre / Drum Machine on eBay, also, Drum Machines, Pro Audio Equipment, Musical Instruments (end time 21-Oct-08 23:56:12 BST)

I really fancy one of these(not strictly a drum machine):

Elektron Machinedrum website

Based on personal experience I wouldn't skimp on a drum machine... generally the more you pay the better the functionality and scope for expanding into areas you hadn't thought of. I understand the need to get something quickly and have done it myself but regretted spending money on something that doesn't help you in the long run. There are plenty of inbetween options to go for if you do a little research, for example, check out the Korg website and look at the DJ equipment section. Recommend the longer term approach of getting something more worthwhile. You also have the satisfaction of owning cutting edge hardware that not many people have!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest treader.

I could sell you mty Dr-Rhythm 550. obviously it's 3 models older than the 880 but it's still pretty good for programming beats. I have no idea how to use it though. So it's just gathering dust.

70?