aberdeen-music

Bassist seeks band

jazzmafia

Hi,

Mid 20s bass playing guy seeks covers/wedding type band. I have my own equipment and transport, have been playing for over 10 years, and have plenty of gig experience.

I know the kind of band I'm looking for isn't really 'scene' but I couldn't find another forum that would be more suitable for my ad. Previously played in local bands, but this time I just want to play some music and have some fun without worrying about recording, touring etc.

If you're interested, or know someone else who might be then just send me a pm.

Cheers

message from Phil Anderson...

I don't suppose you like music like Herbie Handcock's Headhunters, with Paul Jackson, real funk...

or early Weather Report with Miroslav Vitous, or Dave Holland, anything by him, its just you are signed in as Jazzmafia??? and I have some players who are into forming a Fusion Band, not a Function Band.

If you have some time free one night, I'd like for you to come down Ct. Toms, don't worry I'll pay, you play. I could drag some cymbals and stiks and see if there's anything worth working...

all the best phil

message from Phil Anderson...

I don't suppose you like music like Herbie Handcock's Headhunters, with Paul Jackson, real funk...

or early Weather Report with Miroslav Vitous, or Dave Holland, anything by him, its just you are signed in as Jazzmafia??? and I have some players who are into forming a Fusion Band, not a Function Band.

If you have some time free one night, I'd like for you to come down Ct. Toms, don't worry I'll pay, you play. I could drag some cymbals and stiks and see if there's anything worth working...

all the best phil

Hmmm....interesting one. I LOVE Headhunters, but I haven't listened to any of the other stuff. My name is a reference to my bass: a Fender Jazz! I'm gonna check out the other stuff and see what's what. It's a break from my comfort zone of rock music but I'll have a listen and if I feel like I'm up for the challenge I'll get back to you because as i say, this does sound pretty interesting!