aberdeen-music

Does anyone here like the Violent Femmes or StellaStarr*?

faerielucas

Guest SweetLittleWitches
Originally posted by Johnny Mac:

Wow, have presidents of the usa reformed again?

Never did get to see them live :(

Perhaps!

I believe I saw a new video from them recently. But then again, my mind could be playing tricks on me!!! So no guarentees

Originally posted by faerielucas:

I'm going to see this huge concert tomorrow night.. and there are 17+ bands there.... Here is the lineup...

Violent Femmes, Presidents of the United States of America, Juliana Hatfield, The Rapture, The Von Bondies, The Stills, Stellastarr*, Elefant, Laguardia, Midtown, The Fire Theft, Just Jack, The Lot Six, Streetdogs, The Unseen, The Explosion, Runner and the ThermodynamicsPLUS more bands to be announced....

from what I've been hearing.. the Pixies may show up for a surprize perfromance.

anyone have any opinion on these bands?

Von Bondies: I've seen, and are incredible... they sound much better live than they do on record and they come across extremely well of stage. Lovely people too, should you get the chance to meet them.

The Rapture: I'd love to see live, but have yet to. One of my favourite bands.... they ooze raw energy and it's impossible to resist the urge to dance like an ass.

Stellastarr* : Not bad live, I'd definately also give them a look if I were you.

:)

Originally posted by cow tipper:

I'd be interested to see how the Pixies play a gig in London and Boston on the same night.

Y'know, considering they're playing Brixton Academy an' all.

unless they pull some kind of Phil Collins concorde experience, of course.

I'd love to see the Violent Femmes, though to be honest i only rate the first record. Though I do rate that rather highly. I can't believe the Presidents have reformed and nobody told me!

The rest of those bands are sub-standard NME fodder though.