aberdeen-music

Members needed for a metalcore/hardcore kinda thing

Kaizen

Myself and a mate are moving up to Aberdeen for uni in september and we will be looking to start a band when we get up there. We'd both like to do a sort of twin vocals thing so we'd be looking for 1 more vocalist, a guitarist or 2 and maybe a bassist (depending on whether my mate decides to play bass or guitar...) a drummer and maybe a synth player. We have some decent synth equipment already, so kit isnt too much of a problem. Dont really wanna say "We wanna sound like *insert band name here*", but for the sake of people knowing what we are into, we like kinda... parkway drive, killswitch engage kinda stuff. and we are both big my minds weapon fans =P Thats a few influences we have in common, but by no means are we going to limit the band to that.

Bit of a rant there, but i thought i may as well give as much information as possible now and save people the bother of asking then realising they dont want to be in the band =)

P.S not expecting much interest really... just thought it would be worth a bash...

Cheers,

Greg

Yo dude. im afraid both the guitarist spots are taken at the moment. As is bass. However, one of the guitarists is a few years older that us (and considerably more talented) so he might end up not fancyin it after all. If a spot opens up, ill let you know!

I might be interested in the dual vocals bit

I used to do scream/growl style vocals, and still can, but im more of a melodic clean vocalist now, ( mostly power metal, but for this style thing clean killswitch/caliban chorus vocals, etc lol ) so if your " dual vocalist " idea was to have one screamer/one clean vocalist, im more than likely interested :p

i sing melodic power metal at the moment in my band Ascension, countless gigging experience, and good banter! - MySpace.com - Ascension - Are gig hunting everywhere! - Aberdeen, Scotland - Metal / Metal / Metal - www.myspace.com/ascensionbanduk

Let me know if its what your looking for, can change my clean vocal style to fit a metalcore band if need be, might also be interested if you want a second vocalist to be a screamer/growler instead