aberdeen-music

The Moorings

ballaterquine

Have just had the best night..great folk, music, and am home now with ears buzzin and a happy smile ...probably old enough to be most of their mothers,but had a fun night with the best crowd and despite the plastic glasses, managed to get respectably drunk!! Thanks Aberdeen music.com!!

Cheers! The Ballaterquine inebriated but happy!!:popcorn:

Have just had the best night..great folk, music, and am home now with ears buzzin and a happy smile ...probably old enough to be most of their mothers,but had a fun night with the best crowd and despite the plastic glasses, managed to get respectably drunk!! Thanks Aberdeen music.com!!

Cheers! The Ballaterquine inebriated but happy!!:popcorn:

Hi, I'm guessing that you're the lady who spoke to me at the jukebox, and asked for George Thorogood and the Destroyers? Any other Friday but the 3rd Friday of the month and you could have got that played. The 3rd Friday is mainly 80s orientated goth and electronica with some cheesy pop thrown in. I was only up there to program in 2 tunes as a tribute to Barman Pete who was leaving us to move to Canada after 4.5 years.

You could definitely get this played on the 4th Friday without a doubt - I get to DJ for an hour or so then and quite often play some anyway. The 4th Friday is a strange mix of stuff, rock 'n roll, rockabilly, disco, funk, punk, ska, and some 80s goth stuff again.

The 2nd Friday is more rock and metal orientated. The 1st Friday is a broad mix of everything an anything. A 5th Friday only occurs about 4x a year and we're never sure whose gonna be DJing it until the last minute...

Sorry about the plastic glasses, but we only switch to those on the really busy nights because it becomes hard to sweep up any broken glass when we're ram packed. It also helps the bar staff to serve people a bit faster as they would struggle to keep up with washing glasses when it's that busy!

Hope to see you again sometime :)

Flash